xisto Community
Unregistered 017

Zelda Love

Well written!Zelda Love

Well, the writer of the article has certainly taken some logic courses, and knows how to write, making the argument all the more strong.

Some good points are certainly raised. In my personal opinion, I have to agree with the Malon deal...It just seems like Link was meant to be with the red-head, when the day is done. Though the Zelda-Link connection, when examined over the whole series, cannot be denied either. And the Saria-Link connection does seem to remain mostly a platonic friendship that was never intended to fully develop...Perhaps highlighting realistic platonic bonds wherein one may truly love the other in romantic and platonic terms, but the relationship can never evolve beyond a platonic sense. 

Interesting article, for those who actually feel like reading into it! :P

-reply by MattKeywords:

You quite forgot about some other Zelda and Link moments...

In Wind Waker, Link and Zelda's bubbles flow slowly, playing Zelda's Lullaby sweetly.

In Ocarina of Time Manga, of course, there is way more of a romantic connection between these two than anyone else. The fact is that the manga changed a bit of the video game series. I tad bit judged the manga as a romance genre than a adventure or fantasy one...

Anyways, just to let all of you confused people know the reason why Link came back to Zelda is...

Because Link heard's Zelda's voice saying that she admires Link in the video game and it was said that she said "Link..I love you, Link," in the manga series.

Well, there is a lot more proof out there but I don't have time to write / type down every single thing... Because I have an essay writing contest... -_-;; Oh God, why did they choose me ? T_T

So you don't think there's a possibility of reincarnation involving the Link and Zelda thing?

I mean, almost all the links and all the zeldas look pretty much exactly alike, except for some hair color and age differences. Usually, the zelda games have around 100+ years in between them, which is why the costumes change so much. 

I think reincarnation into a totally different situation is more likely than descending from the previous generation of Link's and Zelda's. This is why:

#1. I'm sorry, but if Link and Zelda both married someone else, it's just too much of a coincidence that all of Zelda's descendants look exactly like her and Link's descendants look exactly like him. Wouldn't there be a resemblance to Link's wife and Zelda's husband as well? And wouldn't there be some deviation in gender - a female Link or a male Zelda, for instance? (Not necessarily in the same roles as the male link and female zelda, but you get my point. The descendants of Link can't be all male, and the descendants of Zelda can't be all female.)

#2. Seeing as Link and Zelda are both blessed by Nayru and Farore, it seems likely that the goddesses would choose to reincarnate their vassals. I don't think the Triforce power can be inherited, as would be the case in the non-reincarnation scenario. (However, that's just my opinion.)

#3. Think about it - several hundred years of Hyrule, and Link has never been in the royal family along with Zelda, as he would be if he was a child of a previous Link and Zelda (unless he was a long-lost son, which I don't think would happen every time). Instead, though usually being Hyrulian, Link has been born and/or raised in various different cultures and locations, such as the Ordonians in Twilight Princess and the Kokiri in OoT. Would that happen if Link kept marrying Zelda and having more little versions of themselves? I think not.

Please think about my argument, I hope I made it reasonable. 

-reply by Sheba