xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Iniyila

Mazda 6 - Second Generation

Hello everyoneSome friend has bought a mazda 6 2010 just a week ago and after being in it for 6 hour i felt this car is so great and i came to write a review about. the first generation was introduced in 2002 which was a lot popular in that time, second generation has been born in 2008 with nice collection of engines starting from 1.8 liters straight four up to 3.7 liters V6. the one my friend bought has a 3.7L V6 and with two persons in it, it was capable of doing 0-100kmph just in 6.5 seconds which is nice, with one person it will do faster. the cabin is well built and you can not hear noise of the engine but i should say the noise is nice to hear also. you will get some default options like CD-player and ,in brochure they say you will get leather steering wheel but we didn't see such thing maybe it depends on your location and also on who you buy from because he didn't buy it from representation so i suggest you to buy from representations of company, trip computer and some other things. steering is so much better in this gen because of their independent rear and front suspension. the fuel consumption is not very nice but good enough we used 40 liters for about 420 km so it slightly lower than 10 liters per 100km (i should say this is completely acceptable from a 3.7 liters engine). the safety rating is 5 star so it is a safe car too and you can be sure you will not die easily in it. Cornering is better and so much flat compared to first gen and car really is controllable in hard situations. when the car is new after the first start of engine when it gets hot for the first time you may smell like a burning plastic but it is not annoying and soon will be disappear for ever. it was nice to see after 6 hours no button came out or anything fall or burn and everything was fine and no problem at all , however we can not connect our phones to it using bluetooth maybe we need more instruction using users manual or maybe it only works with iphone, my friend hasn't got time for reading the manual for finding any instruction. satellite navigation is great too and really functional so you will not lost too easily. on that they it was a heavy snow out and so it was a great day for testing how weight distribution has worked in the new generation and i should say it is far better than the first gen and in steep places you will not face any dangerous reaction from car and it most of the times goes straight but you have to remember it is not an offroad car and you have to behave with it like a normal car. some plastic things in the cabin are annoying but for the price they are completely acceptable. this car is really a japanese practical car and you can rely on it as your daily car, many cars these days are coming out with problems even at the first start so finding a good car like this is a miracle :D .