xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
contactskn

Cooking Gas Cylinder Supply Shortage In Our Locale. Due to black marketers.

Dear friends we over here are suffering from the shortage of cooking gas cylinder supply now a days. This shortage is not real but a created one by the black marketers over here. The legal charge to be paid for a cylinder over here is Rs. 395/- and in black you will get the same in Rs. 800/- which is more than double the actual amount. Due to which the black marketers are supplying the cylinders in black in the open market openly and earning huge profits. And the legal connection holders are getting the cylinders filled in 12 to 15 days. Which is the reason for the problems faced by the common man. Recently when this problem reached to a horrible condition it was informed to the concerned officials by the public representatives, and they started taking necessary actions. Two days before the food inspector and the accompanied police personal raided some shops etc. and got 85 cylinders in just one village which was illegally being used. The commercial use of household cylinders is one of the illegal use that is the use of those cylinders in shops, hotels, tea shops, restaurants etc. One more illegal use of these cylinders is using them in vehicles as it is very cheaper that petrol. Dear friends is this the situation in your locale also or its just the typical conditions of some areas only.

It depends, in my country is not that they charge more for the refill, but the tanks are in bad condition, so when people buy the cylinders to use in their houses and most of them are really poor people accidents happens and tragedies as well, so it?s a really dangerous situation not only for the household that is going to use that tank but also for the neighbors. Propane cylinders for houses are not that common anymore since we have the natural gas connections everywhere but some people where these connections are not allowed still use the cylinders. The gas cylinder in vehicles is permitted but it has to be installed in a certified place, also the government has incentives for drivers who convert their vehicles from gasoline to natural gas. It is a good solution since gasoline prizes are rising by the day, but is dangerous as well if is not installed properly, there was an accident one time at a gas station when a driver was filling up his cylinder and suddenly the tank explode and it fled out of the car, there were no people injured but it could have been worst.

hmm as we are not using gas cylinder and we use CNG coming through pipes to all houses so i can not say is it expensive or not but black market is something which some places are suffering from. i don't know why you are using gas cylinder but i think most of places in the world are using Electrical Power for cooking or CNG for cooking, so maybe using gas cylinder is more economical in your place, because in the most places using CNG or gas cylinder (which i think we should call it LPG) is so much expensive than using electrical power for cooking. LPG price is really depending on many things , one of the most important one is black market but black market always occurs when there is not enough LPG cylinders, so i think you have faced shortage in real so some marketers has decided to sell their storage for higher prices. Black market is not only for LPG actually in my town some times ago some special drugs went into black market because of the main factory which produces a lot of drugs got a horrible fire and so the prices went up and for a regular cold stop drug we had to pay around 50$ for just 10 pills. black market is result of government activities, when a government can not meet peoples daily needs when something happens, they have to be ready for such situations and with increasing import they can provide more from that stuff and this will prevent from things going to black markets.i also think you have to force your government to provide you with CNG pipes because LPGs are really dangerous and can cause very dangerous explosions. if they can't provide CNG then they have to lower price of electrical power so you can use electrical power for cooking which is the safest and very environment friendly. by the way at current situations you have to complain from these black marketers maybe at least you can force them to bring down prices for now and try to find some alternative ways of getting LPG like getting it from other places. soon all of us have to forget any natural gas and we have to use other source of energies for keeping our houses warm and cook things but till that time you have to get enough gas for your daily use so government has to provide your daily gas.