xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
RyosukeGunma

Css Not Working (Clean Url)

Hi, I decided to try some clean url (mod_rewrite) in my project. The clean url works but the CSS and images could not be found.e.g: From index.php?id=home&idPage=1 to /home/1 . My CSS was redirect to /home/css/styles.css and not css/styles.cssIs there any way to fix that?

Hi, I decided to try some clean url (mod_rewrite) in my project. The clean url works but the CSS and images could not be found.
e.g: From index.php?id=home&idPage=1 to /home/1 . My CSS was redirect to /home/css/styles.css and not css/styles.css

Is there any way to fix that?

hi,
i did a quick search on google and came up with this. mod_rewrite should ignore some directories (like images and css directories). so try this code and post here to know if it worked for you

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/(cgi-bin|css|images)/?.

or try this one

RewriteRule ^(|css|images|) - [L]

hope you luck.

Same happen to me once, and it was like a glitch the only solution I could find was to reinstall (I believe you are talking about Joomla!), the latest version and it worked.And it also happened to me, that when I put different languages, the css would also stop working.

The best way and fastest method to solve it is to append / on the CSS path. A mod_rewrite rule when properly written will ignore existing files and directories while HTML css will be search on the rewritten URL.

Example: A mod rewritten URL like this

http://mynewserver.com/mycategory/myatriclename

Will have its CSS search at
http://mynewserver.com/mycategory/myatriclename/cssfilename.css

Appending a / on the CSS path like this
<link rel="stylesheet" href="/comments.css" type="text/css" media="screen" />

or even putting the full URL like this
<link rel="stylesheet" href="http://mynewserver.com/comments.css" type="text/css" media="screen" />
always fixes the problem. For CSS images, do take note that they are being read relative to the stylesheet folder.

Since you are doing some mod_rewrite and .htaccess modification, maybe this article can add some help in the future Essential .htaccess Commands, if the link is useful to you, I will appreciate dropping a comment. :blush:

Another way to do it, even though it usually is a less smooth way is to make one string.

The rewrite rule could look something like this:

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>    RewriteEngine On    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f    RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php?mygetkey=$1 [QSA,L]</IfModule>

and you would have nice clean URL, but in PHP you could access the string through $_GET['mygetkey']; which would have all the line, for example 'home/category/article/id' but in this case you would need to get your parameters yourself, usually I just create a navigation class which makes everything simple on later usage.

Mod rewrite is really powerful, there are plenty ways to do things, just you need to find the solution you need. :)

Thanks everyone. I have tried RewriteRule ^(|css|images|) - [L] and it didn't work. I managed to get the CSS working by putting a slash / on every src, which is a bit long but still worth it.Does anyone know if it's possible for mod rewrite to get access a MySQL table and get data? I was thinking to put a custom fieldname in a MySQL table so we could put our own clean URL. A lot of CMS like Joomla can put their own custom URL.

I have experienced this issue yesterday.With clean-urls enabled I have discovered that if any drupal webpage has more than one arg in the url, then images linked relative to the site don't appear.When clean-urls are disabled, the images work on every pages. If you get any ideas, please share with us.