xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
NNNOOOOOO

Help With A Battery Charger

I have a 12V 5Ah rechargeable lead-acid battery. It says "use a charger designed for a lead-acid non-spillable battery", and, "do not use an automotive/marine type charger".I got a charger today, model MC-1, a charger for lead-acid rechargeable battery @ 1A. The only thing I don't know is, is it an automotive/marine type charger? The only thing is, it says manual on it. After looking it up in the instruction book and on the internet, it doesn't say. I need to know if it is an automotive/marine type charger before connecting it to the battery.

I have a 12V 5Ah rechargeable lead-acid battery. It says "use a charger designed for a lead-acid non-spillable battery", and, "do not use an automotive/marine type charger".I got a charger today, model MC-1, a charger for lead-acid rechargeable battery @ 1A. The only thing I don't know is, is it an automotive/marine type charger? The only thing is, it says manual on it. After looking it up in the instruction book and on the internet, it doesn't say. I need to know if it is an automotive/marine type charger before connecting it to the battery.

Since nobody else replied, it's probably safe to use. I read about it and it's used for motorcycles, atvs (smaller batteries). I imagine automotive chargers are more powerful and would damage the battery because of their high amp (15A?) charging. Trickle charging at 1A doesn't seem like it could hurt anything, but what do I know?

Never mind, I took it back and got my $20.00 back. I used it to but some stuff from The Shack, and Taco Bell.