xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
anwiii

Beta Server Constantly Down! whats the problem?

as the title suggests, i noticed the beta server has been glitchy the last few days for some reason. the reason why i know this is because i have been trying to work on my sites during the time when it's been down. the funny thing is, when i look at the server status, it never shows it has been down. that is an outright lie in the server status as ALL my domains stop working at the same time. i double check other peoples websites on other servers and they seem to be performing during the time BETA is having a brain fart and still showing that it was never down. there may be something running in the background on the server that is slowing it down, but what can it possibly be that it will prevent my sites from loading or prevent me from updating files to my hosting account or databases???

as the title suggests, i noticed the beta server has been glitchy the last few days for some reason. the reason why i know this is because i have been trying to work on my sites during the time when it's been down. the funny thing is, when i look at the server status, it never shows it has been down. that is an outright lie in the server status as ALL my domains stop working at the same time. i double check other peoples websites on other servers and they seem to be performing during the time BETA is having a brain fart and still showing that it was never down. there may be something running in the background on the server that is slowing it down, but what can it possibly be that it will prevent my sites from loading or prevent me from updating files to my hosting account or databases???

I am experiencing the same thing for the last two or three days, all my domains down with only brief uptime breaks (of course I am not checking 24 hours a day, I might just be very unlucky). I am not sure on which server (beta or else) I am on, how do you check that anyway? I also notice the forum itself is slow, so it might be a general issue.

to check the server status on all servers, you can go here

to find out what server your site is hosted on, just log in to your control panel, scroll down and check the left hand side for "sever name". that will be the server you are on. also, another interesting fact is to scroll down to look for your shared ip address for your shared server. copy it to your clipboard and then go to this site and past your ip, hit enter, and it will show all the websites hosted on that same shared server. i didn't count each and ever site, but i know beta has around 140 websites hosted on their shared server

Thanks a lot for the info. I cannot access CPanel now but I seem to remember my server was gamma, which according to the status page is up and running. I recovered the ip address from browser history and from that site you suggest I tried a couple of the hosted websites, none of them is up. Must be something serious... anyway very interesting things to learn ;)

All the servers of Xisto - Web Hosting are working fine from my end. The status page also shows all server UP. If the status page is showing UP, then it means that the server is UP. If you are facing any problem while accessing the websites, then first check whether your website is working fine on proxy website. e.g. https://www.megaproxy.com/freesurf/ . If it is working fine on this proxy site, then it means the problem is not with the server. And if it is not working from proxy websites , then Please check whether server is working fine or not. You can check the server by ping command. Also you can find where is the actual problem by tracert command. And if you think that there is any problem with the server, then send a tracert report of your website to the support team of Xisto - Web Hosting also update them about the time http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ can check from above URL that Beta server is UP since last 92 Days and Gamma server is UP since last 26 Days. Thanks.

i am not going to waste my time checking proxy websites, pinging,tracer reports, and trouble shooting computing hosts' problems. i don't work for them nik. that ain't my job. it's YOUR JOB. now i reported a problem in here because i wanted Xisto - Web Hosting and everyone else to know about the problem. i also wanted to verify that xisto is just about as crappy of a company that you can get in customer service. now, computing hosts only response is to lie and to say BETA has been up constantly for the last 92 days. sorry, but that is an outright lie. the real problem is you're too lazy to look in to it. or let me put it another way nic. every single website on BETA was DOWN sporadically the last few days. that is a FACT while other websites on other servers were loading properly. i am not making this up. now do you still think it has nothing to do with the servers?stop trying to get other people to trouble shoot your problems at xisto. WE DONT WORK THERE haha that was the funniest and most stupid response i ever got from a support team.......EVER in my life.edit: p.s.- when i thought it was the server, i checked all servers status. you want to know the funny thing that showed up for beta? server load and uptime were BLANK. i can also tell you that the problem lasts anywhere from 1/2 hour to an hour. if it's not your server over there nic, why would information on server status be blank??? now do your job and don't expect others to do it for you.....geeeez

Edited by anwiii (see edit history)

Very strange thing. My website (as well as gamma.xisto.com) is accessible from one location (1), but it's not from another (2). Tracerouting it fails from BOTH locations (at least within the maximum limit of 255 hops). Still the website is accessible from location 1 but not from location 2.I thought it might have something to do with different DNS servers used but then if I used the IP address (of gamma server) instead I still do not get there from location 2 (it gets there from location 1). I am not aware of any internet restriction at location 2 (besides I have accessed it for a long time from there).Any explanation for this? and most importantly how can it be fixed? whether it is or it isn't a Xisto issue...

If you are not able to see your website from one location and you are able to see your website from another location, then this can be due to DNS record of your domain is not synchronized. Whenever you are facing such issues, then please send a ticket to the support team at supportAtComputinghost.com.

you aren't getting it nik. you are computing hosts support tech an you aren't getting it. if you are having trouble understanding, then reread the thread. other people are understanding. not you. sending a support ticket when beta is down for an hour does no good and is a waste of time. i wanted to post about it publicly instead because that to me is NOT a waste of time. if i knew that you were sitting at your desk waiting to help people with their problems, maybe i would send a ticket just to show you how true this situation is and so you can't say beta has always been up. that isn't the case now, is it :)

BETA PHP Info Not Available Not Available ***server status earlierBETA PHP Info 0.99 108 Days 23:09:46 ***server status nowfunny how beta was down again but shows it's been up still for 108 daysalso, when beta was down and none of the websites beta is hosting were working, even my clown in my sig wasn't showing up.i haven't been keeping track ever since i posted how xisto is crap right now with crappy support with the crappy lies they tell about how a server was up when it was really down. i am going to keep posting about this until this issue is resolved and the truth comes out here. don't lie to me, because i will expose you....

Edited by anwiii (see edit history)