xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
SazzleT400

My Pc Won't Play Any Sims Games! Please Help! not installing, not responding, sims 2, sims pet stories, sims 3,

I have such a problem when it comes to playing The Sims on my PC. At first it worked just fine but then suddenly for some reason Sims 2 stopped working. When you go to click on the icon to play the game, nothing happens, not even an error message. I even tried to open it from 'my computer', but it did the same thing.

So I uninstalled it, losing everything I had done. And once I tried to play it again after installing it again, it did the same thing and didn't work.

In the end I decided to get another Sims game, so I bought Sims Pet Stories, and it worked just fine! I loved it. But then about 6 months ago I tried to play it again, and it opened fine, but when I got to the selection screen (where you can choose to either play Alice and Sams life, or Stephen and Diva's life OR created your own sims), it wouldn't load the town where I had created my own sims family which I had for a long time, so after a long time trying to get it to work with patches and checking if my system was OK and updating DirectX, it still didn't work, so I felt the only thing to do was to uninstall it and reinstall it and see what happenes, but then it wouldn't even do that! It let me put in the serial number, but when I clicked next to agree to the terms and conditions it didn't show any, no terms and conditions, then I accepted and clicked next and a message poped up saying that I need to update my directx, that it needs to be DirectX 9.0c or higher... which I have!!

I have looked everywhere to find a solution and have seen other people having the same problems but NO ONE seems to know what's wrong and how to fix it!!

I then tried to play my Sims 3, and a message comes up saying that whatever I was working on has been lost, and that's it, no 'more info' button or anything, just an OK button.

My PC runs games perfectly, but for some odd reason it doesn't like the Sims! If anyone has ANY ideas AT ALL, then please help!!!!

Thanks!! Sarah xox

Posted Image

What Windows are you using ? XP? Vista? 7?

Which game are you trying to get working, Sims 2, Sims 3 or both?

I don't have much time to help right now, but I haven't given up. I have some ideas but check back later after I've had my mind enhancing beverages. Plus I have a friend who's been a Sims Addict for years - I will consult them :)