xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
aaaaaaa

Question

Simple. Go to your control panel, check out the scripts, and click on the forum you want. It'll self install if you have enough disk space. You can get to your MySQL through your cpanel as well. You should find a little icon that says MySQL and you can manage them through there. I believe there's all PHP MyAdmin for collaboration.

You can use the pre-installed forums provided by Xisto in your cpanel under the catagory 'preinstalled scripts' there should be a link wih phpbb if that is what you want but if you want invision there is an old version in the link addon scripts. if you dont want any of them just go get a forum pack yourself and install it manually.

If you don't have an account yet, then I'm assuming you want to set up a forum in some other free host space or server. First of all you have to make sure that MySQL and PHP are running on that server. If yes, then all you have to do is to create a MySQL database and give it an easy to remember name (for more help on that, please contact your current host provider). Then select a good forum software (like PhpBB or Invision Boards and so on) and download their latest release. Unzip the download and upload it onto your server (probably using FTP). All you have to do then is to access the installation file (when uploaded) and follow the instructions to establish a link between the forums and the MySQL database and you're done.

;)

Yes but for the free hosting do you need the credit thing??? II'm confused... No i don't got a hosting acount yet.

53717[/snapback]

yes you do need credits. i think for package one you need 10 credits. package 2 is 25 credits and package 3 is 50 credits and package 4 is 100 credits. when you post, depending on how long your post is you will be given a certain amount of credits. once you have enough you will be able to 'buy' one of the packages with your credits by going into the 'request hosting account' forum. when you do this, the amount of credits needed for the package will be subtracted from your total credits, so make sure you have a few extra credits when you choose one because every day that you do not log in you lose one credit.

not sure if this is what you were looking for but thats how i took your question