xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
michaelol

Pc Randomly Rring

@IniyilaThe original topic poster, Michael, did not say that the computer starts to randomly ring when a disk is inserted within the CDROM drive. Michael uses an onomatopea (however that is spelled) to say, the computer goes Rrrrr... (like a car would when you floor the pedal while the transmission is set to neutral, although you could say a puppy dog does that too and the old antique table fans with an all-metal design do that when they have not been lubricated in a while).As far as I know, almost all CDROM drives with a spindle make a whirring noise. Maybe not with all discs, but when you use specific brands of discs, the sound is more prominent. Perhaps it has to do with the quality of the disc with respect to the shape because it may not be perfectly flat so when it rotates, it tends to create a vibration and hence the whirring noise. It does not seem to harm the CDROM drive in any way because I have had discs of the sort used for delivering marketing or promotional material and my CDROM drive still works just the way it did when I first bought it about half a decade ago.