xisto Community
DynamicReviews

So Nasa Will Reveal Aliens On Thursday? December 2nd.

it's all over internet,nasa declared it will set immediate conference regarding discovering life in one of the saturns moons.

Evidence that life exists on Titan, one of Saturn’s biggest moons, appears to have been uncovered by Nasa scientists.

Researchers at the space agency believe they have discovered vital clues that appeared to indicate that primitive aliens could be living on the moon.

This Thursday NASA is holding a press conference to discuss an astrobiology finding that will "impact the search for evidence of extraterrestrial life". Have we discovered alien life within our own solar system?

The opening sentence of the NASA media advisory that went out today regarding Thursday's press conference was enough to set the internet abuzz with speculation.

NASA will hold a news conference at 2 p.m. EST on Thursday, Dec. 2, to discuss an astrobiology finding that will impact the search for evidence of extraterrestrial life.

What could the big announcement be? Chances are it has something to do with the recent discovery by the NASA-led international Cassini-Huygens mission of a tentative atmosphere containing both oxygen and carbon dioxide on the surface of Saturn's moon Rhea.

The oxygen in Rhea's atmosphere is five trillion times less dense than that of Earth, and the surface of the moon is far too cold to support life as we know it. That doesn't rule out life as we don't know it.

Participating in the press conference will be NASA astrobiology program head Mary Voytek; NASA astrobiology research fellow Felisa Wolfe-Simon; NASA astrobiologist Pamela Conrad; Foundation for Applied Molecular Evolution fellow Steven Benner; and Arizona State University professor James Elser, whose research involves biological stoichiometry, the study of balance of energy and multiple chemical elements in living systems. That's not a group you gather together just to look at pretty space rocks.

So what does NASA have up its sleeve? The conference will be streamed online on Thursday at https://www.nasa.gov/. Until then, let the speculation fly!

Notice from rvalkass:
Anything copied must be wrapped in Quote tags.

it's all over internet,nasa declared it will set immediate conference regarding discovering life in one of the saturns moons.

Notice from rvalkass:
Anything copied must be wrapped in Quote tags.

I figured this news (not the fault of the poster, it was everywhere) was blown out of proportion -- as far as I know it turns out that the big discovery was a organism found on EARTH (california) that can live in arsenic or something. It's interesting news because now NASA has a better idea where to look for life, but I'm not a biologist so I didn't pay much attention. I was kind of hoping for at least an organism found on another planet :)

As far as I understand the research at the moment, they have cultured bacteria on Earth in an environment of arsenic. This has caused the growth of bacteria with a large portion of the phosphorus in their DNA replaced with arsenic. The same thing actually happens in humans. Arsenic poisoning is the result of phosphorus in the DNA being replaced with arsenic, as both occupy the same period on the periodic table and have similar chemical properties. However, arsenic-based DNA cannot perform the same biological functions as phosphorus-based DNA (hence why the poisoning kills you). While most people are claiming this is fairly insignificant, it's actually quite interesting. It means that we have proof life does not need to have exactly the same structure as us in every way, even down to the most basic building blocks. It is also possible that the bacteria have developed a way to repair the problems caused by arsenic in the DNA. A method of repairing damaged DNA is helpful for curing many diseases, especially those most related with the ageing process.

This is obviously nothing more than gossip. I don't see any credible news source reporting on it, which means that no big release regard aliens or the possibility of their existence will be released. That kind of information will remain under wraps, and that information would be top secret even if its true. I am really tired of all these UFO sites posting fake news just to get a few hits and make a few dollars on advertisements. It makes anyone who says that the existence of aliens are possible look like a complete loony when you have UFO sites coming up with all these ridiculous conspiracy theories and saying that NASA is going to soon admit that aliens exist or that life on is Saturn. If I don't see it on a major news network, its not going to be released to the public. If NASA was going to make such an announcement revealing such information, CNN would have at least mentioned it. In order words, the media is the fourth branch of government as many would say. There are too many UFO loonies out there who wear their little UFO shirts and is always looking into the skies trying to find something weird or unexplainable in the guy. There are people who let UFOs dictate their entire life, and get into the camper and drive into the mountains looking for UFO. I will admit, it sounds like a fun hobby, but obviously that stop others from embracing the idea that aliens may exist because that image is what comes along with it. People are already socialized at a young age to believe that aliens are fake. They put aliens on television along side Mickey Mouse and Daffey Duck, and give their own interpretation of what an alien is; a big headed monster with two huge eyes, a small mouth with a small body and big finger tips. I remember first stated that aliens could be real, and my friends were in disbelief. I was pretty young at that time, maybe around 10 or 11. When I was around 17, I expressed the possibility to another friend, and he was also in disbelief, and even refereed to the alien movies and cartoons he saw as a child in his description of why aliens don't exist.