xisto Community
DynamicReviews

Need Some Help With Turning On The Computer Without A Keyboard.

Hello, I am DynamicReviews.

I need some help turning my computer on without a keyboard, but no, im not using it. I'm using my laptop to post this apparantly :rolleyes: .

Heres my problem:

My computer will not turn on without a keyboard. It never has, never is, never will. It comes up with a screen telling me to press some key(and no, I do not have a keyboard. fail.) :(

Does anyone have a solution to get past this?? Because it keeps rebooting after 15 seconds from that screen. Any help will be great, thanks. :(

-DynamicReviews

In some bios there is an option like "Halt On" or something like that which lets you tu turn on your computer without a keyboard but for entering bios you need a keyboard anyway (which you can borrow). in some motherboards like some of the asus ones there is a key press control during boot which is named "JMicron Screen". This option can be disabled in bios but you will loose a little performance, just go to your bios and serch for everything related to jmicron or you can find more details in users manual of your motherboard.

In most motherboards there is an option to choose the level of diagnostics you want it to go through on each boot. There is also the option to choose which errors you want it to halt on. For example, on one PC I use there are options to halt on all errors, no boot device, no keyboard, faulty memory, etc. Just turn off the option to halt on "no keyboard detected". If you can't find the option to boot without a keyboard then plug one in, boot, and remove it once you've started the PC.

Does the computer start when a keyboard is connected? Why isn't any keyboard connected? Is it possible to enter the bios?An option to solve the problem might be to clear the bios.

Does the computer start when a keyboard is connected? Why isn't any keyboard connected? Is it possible to enter the bios?
An option to solve the problem might be to clear the bios.

Yes the computer starts, but it keeps going round and round rebooting itself after some screen.
I don't have a keyboard yet, its broken so I threw it away. Going to get one soon, but I need to use the computer faster than i can get a new keyboard. No, its not possible for me to enter the bios because I have no keyboard :(