xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
grrlfromoz

Being Sick

I can't believe I have another cold again! I just got over having one like two weeks ago! Unless maybe I wasn't so over it as I thought. I'm all conjested and my throat hurts so it sounds really funny when I talk. People just look at me like ;) *takes a step back* And it's not like I'm not doing what I should be doing! I'm a nut for washing my hands, prolly too many times during the winter because then I have to put on lotion, but my hands are then so dry that it stings. I'm sick of drinking soup too. Oh, and orange juice hurts my throat. I tired some Nyquil last night and that worked for a bit, but I'm still feeling just as nasty this morning! I'm just frustrated and want to feel well enough to go play in the snow!

It happens to me all the time. I mean its like a week or so and I (feeling all fresh) head over to college to enjoy a good day and an amazing weather when suddenly I let out a nasty sneeze. The constant thought loops in my mind telling me that I'm gonna catch a cold. I try to calm myself by forcing my brain to think that it was nothing; nothing at all when from no where rushes another one of those nasty sneezes. I can't control my brain any longer and I know that I have to spend the next two nights drinking stuff I don't like and wishing it all gets over.*Sneezes*. There I go again!

I have a kind of cold at the moment, I have a very runny nose and a cough but not a bad cough, I haven't been sick yet as I haven't eaten very much however I have a football match tomorrow and I don't really fancy running around the football pitch with a runny nose.Oh well, I'll have to I guess.

I just got over mine, thank god, but it changed around my voice. Since I'm a singer, it really irritates me when I get laryngitis and I sound a dying frog for a few days. But suddenly, I have a lot more vibrato. Sometimes it's worth the pain? I still have a stuffy nose and it really only bothers me in band when I have trouble breathing as much in as I normally do (Trombones take a lot of air :/)

I get sick on average once or twice a year. It's never too serious, just a regular cold of sorts. Normally it occurs in the winter, when my body is broken down from all the training I do. I guess you can say I have a pretty strong immune system...Good to have, I reckon. It sorta compensates for my subpar vision, not-so-acute hearing, and the fact that I eat like absolute crap. Coincidentally enough, I am currently getting over my biannual sickness. Lasted a solid 48 hours or so...haha

Yes, I have same story. It has pasted almost 2 months in this year and I have had flue for a second time. Half of time this year I was on sickleave, so on monday I hopefully start working again, cause I fed up with being at home only in my house and laying in the bed. Yeah, sunny days are coming, soon.