xisto Community
anwiii

How To Seo follow along as i show you how to seo the RIGHT way

i don't like plugins that prevent spam comments personally. it's the lazy man's way to control spam. i have my comments set to admin approval. i would rather look through all of them myself. once in a while, you have spammer who will spam your blog non stop with comments. with that, you just block the ip directly. the reason why i don't like spam filters is the same reason why ligitimate mail gets sent to your spam folder. i hate that! so although i have my own opinion on that akismet plugin i never enabled, i can see the purpose for it.
kindlewirelessreadingdevices nobody will ever search for :) the other one people search for. as well as the non plural word which actually gets more searches where i am on the second page for that as well without doing much. but i will take a piece of the 7,000 searches once i get on the main page :) but my mind is elsewhere right now.....

i think my next post on how to seo will be about how to get ahead of the bigger websites like amazon. according the my example site, amazon holds the top 3 spots. people think it's tough to get ahead of them, but it's not as hard as people think if they realize the legitimate theories behind seo and not assume too many false theories and rumors.

thanks a lot to your reply. and i share you your opinion. and i will disable aksimet plugin, i know i want to do that long time ago. because even if others taking advantages of my site by taking backlink from my site. but i think it is ok, since i have fun reading all those comments either they were spam or not :P . i feel like i am more connected to my site than now. and i really think that if my site isn't well known better than before then i won't get spam any more :D. so, no more aksimet any more and thanks again anwiii.

Hi anwii,

I have got a query for you to answer!

Suppose there is a smoothly running website having content focusing on the keyword "XYZ". But, the site don't have keyword "XYZ" in its domain name[..... and it is clear from your kindlewirelessreadingdevices.net that how having keywords in your domain name can lead to higher search engine rankings....] However, the domain name with exactly same keyword "XYZ" is available. SO, if the domain name with keyword "XYZ" is purchased and added as an add on domain name to the existing domain name and website.

Will this change affect the search engine ranking of the site? Will this add on domain name with the keyword "XYZ" in its domain name improve search engine ranking of the existing site?

Also, your kindlewirelessreadingdevices.net is motivating me. Would you mind telling me if the site kindlewirelessreadingdevices.net have started generating you some revenue or not? Also, how much visits you are getting daily on your site.

I am extremely desperate to see some stats of your site, so that I can analyze and learn something from it :)

Waiting for reply

Regards

Edited by livepcportal (see edit history)

Hey Anwii, I've just noticed your topic here on How to SEO and wanted to congratulate you on coming up with such a topic and writing good content so far. I hope you continue with your "quest" although you haven't yet reached number one; but if you stop now, there's no way to know if you ever will!

There are a few things that bother me, though, and I just wanted to get them out there:

1. The titles. While you've chosen good titles and they would be picked up by Google as fairly relevant, unfortunately you've only increased their size, whilst their importance remained the same as "regular" text (if you check the source of the website, you'll see that the titles are marked up like so:

<span style="font-size: 21px">How to SEO</span>

If we wanted them to be more important from a SEO aspect, it would be better to do something like this:

<h1>How to SEO</h1>

2. The body copy. You're writing a fine tutorial, but readers can see when you repeat words too often, especially when they're set in bold and, possibly, underlined. Yes, I'm talking about "How to SEO." It IS important from an SEO standpoint, but you shouldn't terrorize your readers just because of it. On a normal website, you really should try NOT to repeat words just for the sake of SEO. It's more important to write fluid, "regular" text.

3. Also, I've noticed that bold words are marked up as <b> tags, while I believe that <strong> tags would be more relevant from an SEO standpoint. W3C states <b> and <i> tags are purely presentational tags, respectively. <strong> and <em> tags, on the other hand are structural elements (a simplified version on http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ ).

I hope you understand I'm not trying to say anything is wrong with your posts, but just that a forum like Xisto, where you haven't got full control over your content and markup, isn't perfect when trying to make the best SEO decisions.

-------------------

Finally, I have a question for you:

In one of your posts, you've written the name of one of your competitors with a "DOT" instead of ".", and said that's because you don't want Google to pick up on it and give them a better PR. But doesn't Google only index links that have an anchor tag applied to them?

So I believe that, while "google.com" wouldn't be indexed, "google.com" would. What do you think?

Sorry to have bothered you so much, but I just felt inspired to write something here considering I didn't for a while now, and your topic seemed really interesting. :)

Thanks,

Littleasterisk