xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
k_nitin_r

Twisted Metal 2 Vehicular combat racing

Hi!Does anyone play Twisted Metal 2 on the PC? It is an old classic that still is fun to play. It has an option for multiplayer game play over the Internet (TCP/IP), so perhaps we could play a couple of rounds. It's a pretty old game but it runs perfectly well on Windows too.I've been playing in single player mode in the past week, and it seems all of the A.I. (artificial intelligence) players seem to want to gang up on me. Each vehicle in the game has special weapons and it is these weapons that you want to use when you have a clear shot at your enemies. In single player mode, pick anything with a good speed or really heavy armor. Here is the list of cars and their abilities: Thumper (Pink Flame-throwing Car):The character seems a bit out of place because on the car info page, there a muscular African-american dude riding the car, but the car is painted bright pink! If you're up and close, that's no laughing matter because it has got a flame thrower that can cause some pretty extensive damage. The A.I. controlled Thumper tends to use Napalm more often than any other weapons. If you are playing as the Thumper, don't go chasing other cars because the Thumper is pretty bad at turns - with the large turn radius, it is pretty hard to keep up. Spectre (White Sports Car):The Spectre is one of the better cars in the game. It has great speed and the special weapon can lock in on a target, just like a homing missile, and causes a pretty good amount of damage. When controlled by the A.I., the Spectre is not much of a threat but watch out for the occasional blast with Spectre's special weapon... not that you can do anything about it. Warthog (Military Vehicle):The Warthog tends to use multiple missiles, its special weapon, most of the time, but it is relatively easy to avoid if you are driving something that can turn quickly. The Warthog is slow and you can get away with playing peek-a-boo by getting at it when it isn't facing you. When controlled by the A.I., it is not much of a threat. Although it does have a reasonably good armor, a few shots with a powerful weapon will get it to blow up. If you do decide to play with the Warthog, for whatever reason, make sure to use Turbo because this is one slow military vehicle.Axel (Cyborg With Two Giant Wheels):A reasonably armored 'vehicle' (don't know what to call it/him since it's a cyborg and not really a vehicle since the giant wheels are attached in place of his arms), Axel's special weapon is effective but requires him to be within close range. If you play as Axel, run towards your opponent as though performing a joust and just when your enemy is next to you, activate the special weapon to send a shock wave through the ground, causing damage to nearby enemies as Axel yells, "AXEL POWER!!!!" When controlled by the A.I., Axel is difficult to destroy primarily due to the armor, but make sure you don't get too close and he will not be much of a threat.Road Kill (Red Sports Car):This is one of the first vehicles that I managed to use to survive the first level when I started playing, but the special weapon on the vehicle is not really effective. The armor is weak, but can hold up to some attack. When controlled by the A.I., Road Kill is very aggressive and combined with the above average speed, can give you a chase while going at you with a stream of bullets with an occasional boomerang, the special weapon. If you do play as Road Kill, don't rely on the special weapon because it does not help as much as the other ammunition that you can find in the game.Mr. Slam (Tractor):Mr. Slam is one of the enemies you will have to look out for, especially when you are playing with one of the weaker armored vehicles, such as the Grass hopper or Spectre. Mr. Slam may be slow but has one of the most powerful special weapons - the front of the tractor picks up another vehicle and tosses it against the ground causing extensive damage. When controlled by the A.I., Mr. Slam tends to use the freeze blast often and you have really got to watch your radar because if Mr. Slam gets close enough, you are pretty much done for. If you play as Mr. Slam, try to mimic the A.I. by using the freeze blast and special weapon combo to cause annihilation in the arena.Twister (Race Car):The Twister is one of the quickest vehicles and if that were not enough, Twister also has one of the most powerful special weapons in the game. Twister's special weapon requires the enemy vehicle to be in close proximity, but that is rarely a problem when combining the freeze blast with the speed of the Twister. When controlled by the game's A.I., Twister is a real threat but is less aggressive than Mr. Slam. If you decide to play as Twister, you will have lots of fun by using the freeze blast and Twister, the special weapon, combo and will go whizzing around thanks to the speed of the Twister, but watch out - any enemy fire can cause plenty of damage as the Twister armor is very weak. Use your speed to get around and avoid getting close to Axel - you have got to use one of the other weapons in the game to deal with Axel if you don't want to blow up.Grass Hopper (Green Buggy):Grass Hopper is quick and lightly armored but does have a rather powerful special weapon when used correctly. The use of the special weapon is hard to figure out but involves either jumping onto or jumping over an enemy vehicle to cause damage. When controlled by the A.I., the Grass Hopper is a threat so either lose it or kill it. If you have something quick, try to hit the Grass Hopper while going peek-a-boo and if you have something slower, keep your distance.Outlaw 2 (Cop Car):Outlaw 2 is a cop car that uses lightning as a special weapon, effective in close proximity and apparently works through walls. When Outlaw 2 activates the special weapon while going through a tunnel and an enemy vehicle is on top of the tunnel, expect some damage to occur there. When controlled by the A.I., the Outlaw 2 is not a threat. The special weapon is not very effective and does not cause much damage. If you do decide to play as Outlaw 2, which you should not, given the car's weak abilities, you should rely on other ammunition in the game to take out your enemies. The average armor helps keep you alive, but pretty soon the blast will consume you.Mr. Grimm (Biker With Sidecar):Mr. Grimm has pretty good abilities at cornering and an above average speed. Because to the low mass and inertia, Mr. Grimm is great at maneuvering through the track, but watch out for any enemies because the armor on Mr. Grimm is virtually non-existent. When playing offense, Mr. Grimm has the most powerful weapon that does not involve getting into the close proximity of the enemy so if you are up against Axel, Mr. Grimm is the choice among vehicles. When controlled by the A.I., Mr. Grimm is hard to keep up with so use a bunch of homing missiles or a special weapon with homing capabilities. If you play against Mr. Grimm, keep blasting away at your enemies with homing missiles when they are hard to keep up with and when you have a clear shot, blast them with the special weapon. All the while, do watch your back for a stray missile or two because anything your enemies throw at you can cause extensive damage.Shadow (Hearse):Shadow is not one of the quickest but has a good special weapon and average armor. When controlled by the A.I., do not attempt to chase the Shadow while low on health because the Shadow tends to shoot backwards, fending off any attacks. The Shadow is not aggressive so you should not have a hard time with it. When playing as the Shadow, if you choose to do so, stay alert and look out for the enemies around you because although the Shadow has a decent armor, it is not going to last forever with all of the blasting that the enemies would be doing all around you.I have yet to figure out a strategy with Hammer head (Monster Truck) but apparently his special weapon seem to work on contact by ramming into opponents' vehicles. Within the game, you cannot play as Sweet Tooth (Clown's Ice Cream Van) but Sweet Tooth is a threat due to what seems like an the unlimited ammo for the special weapon that Sweet Tooth enjoys. As long as he isn't after you, you will live but when you do decide to take out Sweet Tooth, make sure you are not running low on health.PS: If you do want to copy-paste any of the above content, do give credit where due ;-)

Hi!
Does anyone play Twisted Metal 2 on the PC? It is an old classic that still is fun to play. It has an option for multiplayer game play over the Internet (TCP/IP), so perhaps we could play a couple of rounds. It's a pretty old game but it runs perfectly well on Windows too.

I've been playing in single player mode in the past week, and it seems all of the A.I. (artificial intelligence) players seem to want to gang up on me.

Each vehicle in the game has special weapons and it is these weapons that you want to use when you have a clear shot at your enemies. In single player mode, pick anything with a good speed or really heavy armor. Here is the list of cars and their abilities:

Thumper (Pink Flame-throwing Car):

The character seems a bit out of place because on the car info page, there a muscular African-american dude riding the car, but the car is painted bright pink! If you're up and close, that's no laughing matter because it has got a flame thrower that can cause some pretty extensive damage. The A.I. controlled Thumper tends to use Napalm more often than any other weapons. If you are playing as the Thumper, don't go chasing other cars because the Thumper is pretty bad at turns - with the large turn radius, it is pretty hard to keep up.

Spectre (White Sports Car):

The Spectre is one of the better cars in the game. It has great speed and the special weapon can lock in on a target, just like a homing missile, and causes a pretty good amount of damage. When controlled by the A.I., the Spectre is not much of a threat but watch out for the occasional blast with Spectre's special weapon... not that you can do anything about it.

Warthog (Military Vehicle):

The Warthog tends to use multiple missiles, its special weapon, most of the time, but it is relatively easy to avoid if you are driving something that can turn quickly. The Warthog is slow and you can get away with playing peek-a-boo by getting at it when it isn't facing you. When controlled by the A.I., it is not much of a threat. Although it does have a reasonably good armor, a few shots with a powerful weapon will get it to blow up. If you do decide to play with the Warthog, for whatever reason, make sure to use Turbo because this is one slow military vehicle.

Axel (Cyborg With Two Giant Wheels):

A reasonably armored 'vehicle' (don't know what to call it/him since it's a cyborg and not really a vehicle since the giant wheels are attached in place of his arms), Axel's special weapon is effective but requires him to be within close range. If you play as Axel, run towards your opponent as though performing a joust and just when your enemy is next to you, activate the special weapon to send a shock wave through the ground, causing damage to nearby enemies as Axel yells, "AXEL POWER!!!!" When controlled by the A.I., Axel is difficult to destroy primarily due to the armor, but make sure you don't get too close and he will not be much of a threat.

Road Kill (Red Sports Car):

This is one of the first vehicles that I managed to use to survive the first level when I started playing, but the special weapon on the vehicle is not really effective. The armor is weak, but can hold up to some attack. When controlled by the A.I., Road Kill is very aggressive and combined with the above average speed, can give you a chase while going at you with a stream of bullets with an occasional boomerang, the special weapon. If you do play as Road Kill, don't rely on the special weapon because it does not help as much as the other ammunition that you can find in the game.

Mr. Slam (Tractor):

Mr. Slam is one of the enemies you will have to look out for, especially when you are playing with one of the weaker armored vehicles, such as the Grass hopper or Spectre. Mr. Slam may be slow but has one of the most powerful special weapons - the front of the tractor picks up another vehicle and tosses it against the ground causing extensive damage. When controlled by the A.I., Mr. Slam tends to use the freeze blast often and you have really got to watch your radar because if Mr. Slam gets close enough, you are pretty much done for. If you play as Mr. Slam, try to mimic the A.I. by using the freeze blast and special weapon combo to cause annihilation in the arena.

Twister (Race Car):

The Twister is one of the quickest vehicles and if that were not enough, Twister also has one of the most powerful special weapons in the game. Twister's special weapon requires the enemy vehicle to be in close proximity, but that is rarely a problem when combining the freeze blast with the speed of the Twister. When controlled by the game's A.I., Twister is a real threat but is less aggressive than Mr. Slam. If you decide to play as Twister, you will have lots of fun by using the freeze blast and Twister, the special weapon, combo and will go whizzing around thanks to the speed of the Twister, but watch out - any enemy fire can cause plenty of damage as the Twister armor is very weak. Use your speed to get around and avoid getting close to Axel - you have got to use one of the other weapons in the game to deal with Axel if you don't want to blow up.

Grass Hopper (Green Buggy):

Grass Hopper is quick and lightly armored but does have a rather powerful special weapon when used correctly. The use of the special weapon is hard to figure out but involves either jumping onto or jumping over an enemy vehicle to cause damage. When controlled by the A.I., the Grass Hopper is a threat so either lose it or kill it. If you have something quick, try to hit the Grass Hopper while going peek-a-boo and if you have something slower, keep your distance.

Outlaw 2 (Cop Car):

Outlaw 2 is a cop car that uses lightning as a special weapon, effective in close proximity and apparently works through walls. When Outlaw 2 activates the special weapon while going through a tunnel and an enemy vehicle is on top of the tunnel, expect some damage to occur there. When controlled by the A.I., the Outlaw 2 is not a threat. The special weapon is not very effective and does not cause much damage. If you do decide to play as Outlaw 2, which you should not, given the car's weak abilities, you should rely on other ammunition in the game to take out your enemies. The average armor helps keep you alive, but pretty soon the blast will consume you.

Mr. Grimm (Biker With Sidecar):

Mr. Grimm has pretty good abilities at cornering and an above average speed. Because to the low mass and inertia, Mr. Grimm is great at maneuvering through the track, but watch out for any enemies because the armor on Mr. Grimm is virtually non-existent. When playing offense, Mr. Grimm has the most powerful weapon that does not involve getting into the close proximity of the enemy so if you are up against Axel, Mr. Grimm is the choice among vehicles. When controlled by the A.I., Mr. Grimm is hard to keep up with so use a bunch of homing missiles or a special weapon with homing capabilities. If you play against Mr. Grimm, keep blasting away at your enemies with homing missiles when they are hard to keep up with and when you have a clear shot, blast them with the special weapon. All the while, do watch your back for a stray missile or two because anything your enemies throw at you can cause extensive damage.

Shadow (Hearse):

Shadow is not one of the quickest but has a good special weapon and average armor. When controlled by the A.I., do not attempt to chase the Shadow while low on health because the Shadow tends to shoot backwards, fending off any attacks. The Shadow is not aggressive so you should not have a hard time with it. When playing as the Shadow, if you choose to do so, stay alert and look out for the enemies around you because although the Shadow has a decent armor, it is not going to last forever with all of the blasting that the enemies would be doing all around you.

I have yet to figure out a strategy with Hammer head (Monster Truck) but apparently his special weapon seem to work on contact by ramming into opponents' vehicles. Within the game, you cannot play as Sweet Tooth (Clown's Ice Cream Van) but Sweet Tooth is a threat due to what seems like an the unlimited ammo for the special weapon that Sweet Tooth enjoys. As long as he isn't after you, you will live but when you do decide to take out Sweet Tooth, make sure you are not running low on health.

PS: If you do want to copy-paste any of the above content, do give credit where due ;-)

thank you :)