xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rob86

Easy Hindi Grammar Question

Can someone explain something to me about basic Hindi grammar. Unfortunately it is hard to ask my question because I don't know how to write Devanagari Hindi on a computer :DI'm a bit confused with the joining of consonants. For example, how about "njo". I've got the "Na" with no vowel, and "jo". I can simply write Na with a ` (halant) below and add jo, both of which I can handle, but I thought that when joining two consonants a piece of the first consonant had to be cut off and the ` was only used at the end of a word. Yet, I have seen someone write a similar word with ` (halant) and no conjoined letters. I don't understand what's going on, help!So basically my question is, how do you join two consonants and add a vowel on the end correctly?

Edited by rob86 (see edit history)

I use baraha keyboard for typing devnagari scripts on screen. It's better than windows language keyboard. It sorts of most of the problem related to the typing of devnagari scripts. It adjusts itself for the correct hindi word. You can check that out if you want.

By the way just curious you are not indian, are you ? Just asking cause your username is "rob".

I use baraha keyboard for typing devnagari scripts on screen. It's better than windows language keyboard. It sorts of most of the problem related to the typing of devnagari scripts. It adjusts itself for the correct hindi word. You can check that out if you want.
By the way just curious you are not indian, are you ? Just asking cause your username is "rob".

I just downloaded Bahara and can confirm it works on Linux with wine for anyone interested, thanks for suggesting it. It seems to be very helpful as well :) Nope I'm not Indian.

Ohhh im surprised :o :o you are learning hindi ??? Are you planning to explore india with your evil intentions and for that you are doing these homeworks...umm hmm i really doubt it ;P :D

:P:D umm hmmmmno comments on that...i never read all the sacred books ...u seem to be having real evil intentions :D :DGod save india have mercy rob :P

LOL. None of the indian sacred texts are in hindi. All the ancient sacred texts are written in sanskrit which is very difficult language. But once you learn say hindi, marathi or other devanagari script then you can go ahead and learn sanskrit. Most of the sanskrit's text from ancient india has hindi or marathi translation. By the way except south india, hindi will be accepted all over india for communication. so your efforts will not get wasted if you're after "sundar bharatiya mahilaye" online or offline. :D