xisto Community
TheSeeker

Monday Afternoon Poem

This is a poem I wrote that describes a moment in my life. Enjoy!Monday AfternoonA fall breeze whispers through the treesPerfumed by flowers and rainFor a moment the worldis bathed in lightEarth and sky are bridgedby luminescent nightThunder chargesover land and searesonating with allin its wakeFeathers ruffledry leaves russlebelow my feet it quakesLife speaks to my sensesthrough walls, over fencesThe words I can feel themmy senses reveal themI dream while awake.

This reminds of the book "The Power of Now". It's when you dont think anything, but experience the world with your senses in a greater intensity, unclouded by your thoughts and worries. :) And I guess that's good, because the world that you experience in is the world that you created with your perceptions, and sometimes, I think we dull the colours and dull our senses from the thoughts and the worries that we keep thinking 24/7, and sometimes its good to just be silent in your mind and experience the world for what it really is.

Well said! I get more enjoyment out of sitting in my backyard listening to nature and being concious of my existence then almost anything else i've yet to experience. I'll post another step for your viewing pleasure before I'm done for the day. Its nice to get such a quick reply!

Yeah well... it's because today is a Saturday where I am, and I'm online for the whole day. :) Usually it'll take one to two days to get a reply. But its still pretty quick. Just depends on your time zone, I guess. :)

Nice poem, I like the last 2 verses the most. Nature poems are usually boring but this one is kind of interesting. But If I were you, I would have picked some other name because i don't like monday afternoons :D