xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mich

Ups And Downs Of 2010 Depressing times.

I have been gone for quite a while and need to do catch-up with myCent. My renewal is coming up soon and I don't have enough myCent to pay for it. Maybe if I vent here I can earn enough to make my payment.

This year has been and up and down year. I feel lucky to be alive and in practically good health. My friend out in California lost her granddaughter in a one car accident. She hydroplaned on a rain covered road and hit a tree. Then I found out another friend of mine from south of us lost her fight with ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease) and died way too young. Then my best friend was diagnosed with uterine cancer. She is doing well with her chemotherapy, but what a horrid treatment to have to go through. She lost all her hair and feels like crap 3-4 days after each treatment; she will have six in all. Thank heaven she doesn't have the nausea usually associated with it.

I took the advice of Dr. Oz, of TV popularity, and dosed myself with cinnamon tablets for my hypoglycemia. Well that brought on a condition known as Burning Mouth Syndrome (look it up). It is nasty and not curable. This means I am stuck with the condition for the rest of my life. It is a form of neuropathy that affects the lips and mouth. Mayo Clinic suggests a RX plan that kind of gets it under control, and so far it is mostly affective. But, when I have a break-through the meds, it is very uncomfortable.

So I have not been a happy camper this year with all the negative things happening around me and to me. This has taken its toll on my psyche and I am quite depressed at times. Then I have come to the conclusion that my web set graphics are no longer relevant in today's market. With all the blogging, twittering, and my spacing going on, people are no longer building their own web sites. People are not visiting my site like they used to and I have not received comments like I used to. Sooo, I am thinking maybe I might dismantle the graphics and just leave up my personal site so people can still find me on the net. I don't do the blogging or twittering thing. I do belong to Facebook, but really don't understand how it works. Most of this stuff has gone over my head and makes me feel even older.

Well, now that I have vented, I feel a little better, but my whole site may go down unless I find a way to keep it up. Perhaps I can switch over to a pay plan instead of this forum thing. Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Edited by moderator (see edit history)

Wow Mich, I am terribly sorry for you. Sound like you are really having a bad year. I think health problems are just about the worst thing we have to deal with as humans. Don't be too quick to give up on your web site. Lots of people are still doing their own. Your site may just be slow because of the crappy economy, seriously, when people are loosing their homes and jobs they are out busting butt to make a living, not surfing the web. Hang in there, hope you feel better soon and things start going better for you.

I wasn't really looking for sympathy, but thanx sheepdog.

My real problem at this point is what to do about my site. I am participating on this forum to get the free hosting, but I don't use anything in the "basic package" except the disk space for my domain and sub-domains. All the other stuff is beyond my comprehension. I don't even use the mailboxes. I have been trying to comprehend what the Xisto Network Sites are all about and am confused. I am currently only using a total of 133.59 mb of disk space for all my domains. Does anybody have any better solution than paying for all the stuff I don't even use?

I'd say to just roll with all the problems. After all, what won't kill you makes you stronger. Facing the sickness and death that you have will make you spiritually stronger in the long run.

So long as your web site is up and running and still able to communicate with people is the important thing. Forget about the flashy graphics, Besides those are things that

can often slow your page down loading.

I wasn't really looking for sympathy, but thanx sheepdog.

My real problem at this point is what to do about my site. I am participating on this forum to get the free hosting, but I don't use anything in the "basic package" except the disk space for my domain and sub-domains. All the other stuff is beyond my comprehension. I don't even use the mailboxes. I have been trying to comprehend what the Xisto Network Sites are all about and am confused. I am currently only using a total of 133.59 mb of disk space for all my domains. Does anybody have any better solution than paying for all the stuff I don't even use?