xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
AngelaCollins

Free Sms Free SMS

There are lots of sites you can find online that allows you to send free SMS and even MMS. Unfortunately, there are restrictions to it like limited sending, registration, etc.

Here's a site that I've used before:
Text Em

I used their services when I was creating Blackberry applications over the summer. This was especially useful since I didn't want to waste the text messages that I had on my plan.

Most of them place a advertise or the name of the website at the end of text message which is not good. I haven't find any nice one yet and most of them are limited to a little number of free text messages.

SMS text limitation is because of the network restriction. Some networks have no limits while some do have it. Therefor even if you send it from the network which is not restricting any text limits, the receiving end will find the text stripped in their message. This is the reason there is text limit mentioned on some sites which offer free SMS. You can try way2sms site for the free service.