xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
vhortex

On The Canvas Of Society A spiritual journey

1 member has voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

'On the Canvas of Society' - Click me to see the documentary

Posted Image

?Kambas ng Lipunan? (Canvas of Society) is a documentary by the late Joey Velasco (a national artist) that revolves around the 12 street children from different streets of Manila, Philippines. The painting was a modern Christian ?Last Supper? portrait that was adopted for the modern times. At first it was a work of art but as time progress it leads to a journey of pain, joy and sorrow as the the stories unfold.

The video was English subtitled for everyone to understand.

Joey Velasco, the documentary author, died July 20, 2010 due to heart attack and seizures.

?Everyone knows he?s going to die, but nobody seems to be completely and absolutely prepared for it. Nobody lives each day ready to die; life should be lived to the full each day.?

The documentary have been praised a lot on the web since 2006, I am sharing the video again in respect for the author's works and to reach move people around the world.

One of the comments that I stumble upon was..

Marilyn - http://rmschlitt.blogspot.de/2009/01/canvas-of-society.html

The more I deal with adults that suffer from insecurity, low self image, anger issues and are negative and critical, the more I can trace back a difficulty from their childhood. Parents, we have so much influence on our young children. Give them a heritage that will last a lifetime. I am not talking about presents cheap or expensive, educational pursuits or a classic ballet lessons. I am talking about unconditional love no matter their IQ, personality, weight or prowess at sports or music; teaching them to consider others better than themselves, that life is not fair but we should try to be; that we can live within our means and be content with what we have- others will always have more and many more have less; be respectful of country, authority and laws, that we should live with life goals and seek to pursue those; that life without God is no life at all.

This is also known as:

'On the Canvas of Society' - The International version, the author have just left the video as is and inserted subtitles.

'Hapag ng Pag-asa' - The painting title which translates to 'The Feast of Hope' / 'Table of Hope'