xisto Community
zanzibarjones

Do You Believe In Networking

DO you believe that networking helps or hinders your chances at success?There are some schools of thought that say you need to be a social butterfly in order to be able to make networking work for you to it's fullest potential.Personally i think networking can help, but I certainly don't think that it's going to help you become rich or overly successful. i believe it can be a good stepping stone into bigger and better things.What do you think?

i think networking to make money has it's pros and cons. the benefit to NOT networking is....and i will quote "if you want to do something right, you have to do it yourself". but the benefit to networking is that you have a group of people all working together for the same cause and "two minds are better than one". so it all depends. i think ULTIMATELY, networking has more advantages than working alone if done right.

Networking absolutely helps. I don't care what anyone says, the more people you know, the easier it is to get jobs and opportunities that would otherwise be unavailable. However, when I say networking, I don't mean facebook. Maybe facebook can help in respects to politics, but when I say networking I mean getting to know your employers well enough to the point where if you find a better job, you can always call and ask for your old job back. I mean going to community events or city council meetings, and getting to know the politicians in your city. I means getting to know business leaders to the point where they know you by face and name. Networking means making sure that people are familiar with you, and know who you are. I constantly network, and try to meet new people because you never know what you might need or who will be able to help you with your needs.

I don't see how networking can hinder anyone's chances of success in a job hunt or in seeking out business opportunities and networking definitely helps you get the word out that you are looking for work or for customers. In most cases, landing a job or a contract depends on what you know, but in some cases it also depends on who you know to get the job. A former classmate sent out an email to everybody on our mailing list when he lost his job and within less than a week he was able to get another job and was not unemployed for even a day. When working together, we have synergy - we help each other out and are better off than if we were to try to do everything on our own without any help from anybody.Networking does not necessarily mean getting to know everybody that you meet. You may have a select few that you frequently interact with and they would help you out when they can. There are some who would take the extra steps to help you out because they know you better or they would simply put in a good word for you and that would work to your advantage.