xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Vegasguy

Bible Verse In Niv

Hello all, read awhile back a passage in the NIV bible that really stuck with me (sort of), but I can't remember where the passage or where to locate in the bible. It basically say, that GOD would not put a person any in position that he/she would not be able to get out of...or something similiar to that. If you know such a passage would you please post the passage or the verse, I would be greatful.Thanks in advance and God Bless.Scott

That would be part of one of Paul's writings, founded in 1st Corinthians 10:13.

The words I have always heard it in are, "God will never give you anything more than you can handle"But I take that sometimes as good and bad.Yes I am sure that God will never give me anything bad that I can't handle, because it would not help me in my growth, and my faith in believing I can get through said problem.But then i hit a road block in my life, and I found the same statement to be true about good things. For instance if you get a huge sum of money and you blow right through it without any concern for the future, or without paying your tithes, then back to the statement, "God will never give you anything more than you can handle." If he doesn't think you can handle winning the lottery, because he knows you spend it all on crap, then guess what, he won't give it to you.That is how I see that.

The words I have always heard it in are, "God will never give you anything more than you can handle"But I take that sometimes as good and bad.
Yes I am sure that God will never give me anything bad that I can't handle, because it would not help me in my growth, and my faith in believing I can get through said problem.

But then i hit a road block in my life, and I found the same statement to be true about good things. For instance if you get a huge sum of money and you blow right through it without any concern for the future, or without paying your tithes, then back to the statement, "God will never give you anything more than you can handle." If he doesn't think you can handle winning the lottery, because he knows you spend it all on crap, then guess what, he won't give it to you.

That is how I see that.

disclosure: i am not religious, but it doesn't mean i don't believe in god or a higher power

with that said, i don't see it that way at all. i believe there are things to learn in life and it is different for everyone. sometimes people have to learn to live poor to understand poor. sometimes people have to live rich to understand rich....etc...etc. i believe nature holds a balance and because nature holds a balance, i believe everything has a purpose to it. even the deaths of small children or women being raped where there is no "logical" meaning or sense to it. we are all weak in our own ways and life will test EVERYONE who is weak in their ways. i undoubtedly believe in the survival of the fittest. i also believe we live beyond our "death". in fact that is one thing i know to be true even if i can't prove it. does that mean there is a god? no. does that mean there is a higher power? no.

will life give us more than we can handle? no. but some people quit before others and fail lifes' tests and when they are reincarnated, they will have to learn the same things they failed in.....in the previous life

there is only one flaw with what i know. the most logical explanation is that there sometimes has to be imbalance to create balance.

although i disagree with what you said whole heartedly, i like the way you think...because you are thinking.....as we ALL should do on a deeper level.

disclosure: i am not religious, but it doesn't mean i don't believe in god or a higher power
with that said, i don't see it that way at all. i believe there are things to learn in life and it is different for everyone. sometimes people have to learn to live poor to understand poor. sometimes people have to live rich to understand rich....etc...etc. i believe nature holds a balance and because nature holds a balance, i believe everything has a purpose to it. even the deaths of small children or women being raped where there is no "logical" meaning or sense to it. we are all weak in our own ways and life will test EVERYONE who is weak in their ways. i undoubtedly believe in the survival of the fittest. i also believe we live beyond our "death". in fact that is one thing i know to be true even if i can't prove it. does that mean there is a god? no. does that mean there is a higher power? no.

will life give us more than we can handle? no. but some people quit before others and fail lifes' tests and when they are reincarnated, they will have to learn the same things they failed in.....in the previous life

there is only one flaw with what i know. the most logical explanation is that there sometimes has to be imbalance to create balance.

although i disagree with what you said whole heartedly, i like the way you think...because you are thinking.....as we ALL should do on a deeper level.

Hey anwii,

First of all, I do agree with what you have said about the trials that people must go through. In life, we must realize that there will be difficulties and bumps in our road of life. Though, these tests and trials are (what I believe) given by God. It is said that true Christians goes through trials and, whoever that would pray and seek God, will come out strong. How do you define nature? If it is the balance of the Earth - Then, how does earth exist? Does it exist by chance, or by a creator?

On the first line you have made a disclosure (Disclaimer) which states that you are not religious, but you do not take away that there is a possibility of God/higher power. Though, in the end of second paragraph you put a no on both. What is the mindset?

On the question of incarnation - That is similar to what is called "samsara" (The cycle of incarnation). If one failed in the previous life, and obviously their mind is erased (Or else we would still remember our previous life), then it would create a infinite cycle of reincarnation because the person would result in failure on the same event.

I know a man who once said that he was more afraid of what awaits him on earth than what awaits him after death. In my opinion, life is brutal and will be for a long time to come. Just about anything can drive humans to violence, including greed, politics, or even just a charismatic leader such as Hitler. I guess that is why I really think religion is a good thing. It helps us deal with the brutally of the world through belief and spirituality. I would advise anyone who is going through hard times to find a God. It could be a doorknob or a chair, but just find anything to have sincere faith in. The belief in a god tend to give people the strength and encouragement to keep going and eventually pull themselves through hard times. Look at the Jews. I am sure that they were certainly subjected to more than just what they could bear. Millions of them were slaughtered. Nevertheless, many of them survived not because of a Godly intervention, but their belief in a God kept them going. How much an individual can bear depends on how strong their faith in their god is. If they sincerely believe that their God will pull them through, they will keep on moving forward and eventually pull themselves through.