xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Acer Monitor

G'day, I am having a very frustrating time getting the Acer Aspire monitor to turn on. The pc turns on ok, but the monitor will not register. The indicator light is constantly flashing green. I cant turn on or off from the switch on the monitor. The only way to turn the monitor off is by pulling the plug from the mains. Once in a while the light will remain green for a couple of seconds. A this point the Acer logo will appear on the monitor, then disappear. Only once I was able to turn the monitor on. This occurred when the monitor switch was orange then turned to a solid green and the monitor worked. Can not understand why this happened. Any help suggestions or advice would be much appreciated.Monitor model no. AL 1716AVersion AL 1716 AbManufactured May 2006

Ther are 3 possible reasons why your monitor is acting that way: Connection problem, video card problem or monitor problem. The best way to start is to secure the connection between the CPU and the Monitor. You can do this by unplugging the monitor cable and plugging it back it. (Cleaning the connectors with a vacuum cleaner may also help.) If the problem persists after doing this, it's time to properly isolate the problem. Isolation requires finding out which of the two hardware is causing the problem, the CPU's video card or the Monitor. You can easily test this out by connecting another monitor to the computer. If the test monitor works, then it must be the problem with the Acer monitor. If the test monitor doesn't work, probably a video card issue. I hope it's just some loose connections. It always not cheap to buy new pieces of computer hardware.