xisto Community
NNNOOOOOO

Don't Be A................

Posted Image

if you don't know what that means (the equation), it means "jerk".

hmmm, maybe you should explain more please. i am lost in here :) what all those veritable for and what they mean?

i am curious now, i will wait for your answer.

In the UK we tend to call it jolt, so it doesn't really make sense following the title :PJolt (or jerk if you're an American) is the rate of change of acceleration (the first derivative of acceleration), ie. how quickly the acceleration of an object is changing. As acceleration is the rate of change of velocity, you can express jolt as the rate of change of rate of change of velocity, or the second derivative of velocity. As velocity is the rate of change of position, you can express jolt as the rate of change of the rate of change of the rate of change of position, or the third derivative of position.

In the UK we tend to call it jolt, so it doesn't really make sense following the title :P
Jolt (or jerk if you're an American) is the rate of change of acceleration (the first derivative of acceleration), ie. how quickly the acceleration of an object is changing. As acceleration is the rate of change of velocity, you can express jolt as the rate of change of rate of change of velocity, or the second derivative of velocity. As velocity is the rate of change of position, you can express jolt as the rate of change of the rate of change of the rate of change of position, or the third derivative of position.

I think there was also a 3rd name for it. I can't remember things right now, just got off a hot school bus.

In the UK we tend to call it jolt, so it doesn't really make sense following the title :P
Jolt (or jerk if you're an American) is the rate of change of acceleration (the first derivative of acceleration), ie. how quickly the acceleration of an object is changing. As acceleration is the rate of change of velocity, you can express jolt as the rate of change of rate of change of velocity, or the second derivative of velocity. As velocity is the rate of change of position, you can express jolt as the rate of change of the rate of change of the rate of change of position, or the third derivative of position.

hmmm, this is make sense a little now ;) but in the first i was confused by the title. thank you for the explanation rvalkass.