xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
web_designer

My Facebook Account Got Hacked!

FaceBook Rights and stuff..

# Registration and Account Security

Facebook users provide their real names and information, and we need your help to keep it that way. Here are some commitments you make to us relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account:

1. You will not provide any false personal information on Facebook, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission.

2. You will not create more than one personal profile.

3. If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission.

4. You will not use your personal profile for your own commercial gain (such as selling your status update to an advertiser).

5. You will not use Facebook if you are under 13.

6. You will not use Facebook if you are a convicted sex offender.

7. You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.

8. You will not share your password, (or in the case of developers, your secret key), let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.

9. You will not transfer your account (including any page or application you administer) to anyone without first getting our written permission.

10. If you select a username for your account we reserve the right to remove or reclaim it if we believe appropriate (such as when a trademark owner complains about a username that does not closely relate to a user's actual name).

The rights and stuff are probably easy to find on the site of the Facebook. But a link to the webpage where the rules were found would make it more easy to check the quotes.

FaceBook Rights and stuff..

interesting information, i admit i am from those who click on accept without reading the rules. especially in registration in sites. thanks for telling me that.but between i must say that half of those rules are not implemented accurately. since i have two account and two profiles but with different email address of course.

I guess I'm one of the few hold outs that have not sighned up for face book. A few days ago I was visiting with a friend of mine, in person too, not on the computer, and she was telling me about another friend of theirs that works on computers. She said that at least half of his business comes from fixing up computers that got viruses from face book accounts. So until they make it safe to use, I'm not going anywhere near that site. I have enough computer problems as it is without going looking for them.

How the heck a web designer to allow hacking of his own Facebook account :P ?I think there is some bad spyware on your computer which steals all the data. Also maybe a hacker tried to vnc/remote desktop your computer and succeed. So there are 5 possible cases:-connecting to a Wi-fi which stole your fb pass-spyware-hacking-phishing-remote engeneeringThe most popular ones i think are the first one and the second one. I would suggest to remove all your emails from FB , alternate emails , reset passwords everywhere , reinstall your PC....

I guess I'm one of the few hold outs that have not sighned up for face book. A few days ago I was visiting with a friend of mine, in person too, not on the computer, and she was telling me about another friend of theirs that works on computers. She said that at least half of his business comes from fixing up computers that got viruses from face book accounts. So until they make it safe to use, I'm not going anywhere near that site. I have enough computer problems as it is without going looking for them.

I haven't joined facebook either :P I feel a bit left behind but as long as you keep your software(java, flash, webbrowser, etc) you should be safe to use facebook if your using firefox try no script.
@OP I don't believe anyone has access to your credentials this sounds like a classic case of clickjacking
Regards, ~CalebFTW
Edited by CalebFTW (see edit history)

Yeah, it's unfortunate that FaceBook is so into implementing new features and new designs these days, that it simply overlooks how much it needs to scrutinize its existing applications. There's just so many holes in its security nowadays, but FaceBook is not alone in this. This seems to be the trend now.

i was hacked once on facebook they took all my pocker chips, i changed my password and it never happend againnow facebook tells me if someone logged into my facebook account and it does not reconize the ip addressi have to confirm the ip address for me to be able to access my facebook account by clicking on a link in my email this only applies if another ip address which is not my own tries to access my account.