xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kira423

Breads

Well I am trying to go through everything b4 I start adding on to others so you have everything u need to make a perfect meal. So today lets do some breadCorn Cake1/2 cup butter, softened1/3 cup masa harina1/4 cup water1 1/2 cups frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed1/4 cup cornmeal1/3 cup white sugar2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream1/4 teaspoon salt1/2 teaspoon baking powderIn a medium bowl beat butter until it is creamy. Add the Mexican corn flour and water and beat until well mixed.Using a food processor, process thawed corn, but leave chunky. Stir into the butter mixture.In a separate bowl, mix cornmeal, sugar, cream, salt, and baking powder. Add to corn flour mixture and stir to combine. Pour batter into an ungreased 8x8 inch baking pan. Smooth batter and cover with aluminum foil. Place pan into a 9x13 inch baking dish that is filled a third of the way with water.preheat oven to 350 bake for 50 to 60 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 minutes. Use an ice cream scoop for easy removal from pan.Banana Muffins :P Yummy1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour1 teaspoon baking soda1 teaspoon baking powder1/2 teaspoon salt3 bananas, mashed3/4 cup white sugar1 egg, lightly beaten1/3 cup butter, melted1/3 cup packed brown sugar2 tablespoons all-purpose flour1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon1 tablespoon butterPreheat oven to 375 . Lightly grease 10 muffin cups, or line with muffin papers.In a large bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and cinnamon. Cut in 1 tablespoon butter at a time. Sprinkle topping over muffins.Bake for 18 to 20 minutesUmm Imma post 2 for now cause my hands hurt from all the typing, and I am not sure how much more they can take, other than that let me know what cha think.Thanks ya'llsKira