xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
web_designer

Opera Shows My Site Differently Everyday?

recently, i see this weird problem in OPERA 10.10, i use this version of opera and it stills in beta but it was working fine till a week ago. after that it started acting weird, it shows my site one day perfectly, and the other day is not. it doesn't read the background image of my site. so when i open my site in opera it looks like this

Posted Image

in the same time, i check my site in firefox and internet explorer and it looks fine in both of them.

so anyone notice the same in opera???

or it is just me.

I would test it out if i had Opera 10.10, but i like to keep up to date with Opera, and so i am running 10.60 and i can see the background image. If i remember correctly, 10.60 is the latest stable. Just like Firefox users, many/most Opera users keep up to date as well, so i don't expect there to be much of a problem with Opera users.

Are you just trying to get your site to be compatible with all browsers or do you mostly use Opera? If it's just for compatibility, as far as I know Opera is one of the least used ones so it shouldn't be an issue. I'd focus more on IE and Firefox/Chrome instead.

I would test it out if i had Opera 10.10, but i like to keep up to date with Opera, and so i am running 10.60 and i can see the background image. If i remember correctly, 10.60 is the latest stable. Just like Firefox users, many/most Opera users keep up to date as well, so i don't expect there to be much of a problem with Opera users.

thank you trufusion for your help, then maybe i will try to update my opera and see.

Are you just trying to get your site to be compatible with all browsers or do you mostly use Opera? If it's just for compatibility, as far as I know Opera is one of the least used ones so it shouldn't be an issue. I'd focus more on IE and Firefox/Chrome instead.

well,rpgsearcherz. i think the issue of compatibility in the most common browsers is important, and from the beginning i made my site to be compatible in firefox, opera, internet explorer and google chrome. so it is disappointed to find some bugs now, especially now, after i switched from firefox to opera because of the forums. it doesn't work properly in firefox. so i think it is essential to be fixed in there, also my chikun count reports show that 7.92% from my readers are using opera.