xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
MiltonFG

Earning Mycents

It varies depending on your posts. There was a thread where opaque posted the top 4 posters and gave the number of posts they had and the myCents they got, though I am not able to find it now. Though, depending on your post quality each post would give you anything from 10 to 30 myCents for a normal post. Guides and how-tos are more valuable though I don't have any idea about these.

Post quality ? I don't understand how can a system detects post quality ? If i'm not wrong if this thing manages to catch grammar and other mistakes then most of non-native english speakers are doomed. By post quality they mean not using "one liners" in posts. There are some users using one liners posts a lot and that is why people are saying about post quality. I don't know for sure but we need a lot of explanation from opaque for post quality.If i'm not wrong longer posts: number of characters, admin rating to post (as per opaque's explanation), rank of the thread, pageviews and few other thread factors plus there are few more things. Like linking to wikipedia or reputable resources will likely to be rewarded. But if you've to earn mycent then keep number of characters in mind because this is essential in mycent whether other parameters are known or not. Most of time you end up ignoring other parameters so atleast keep "number of characters" in mind.

Post quality ? I don't understand how can a system detects post quality ? If i'm not wrong if this thing manages to catch grammar and other mistakes then most of non-native english speakers are doomed. By post quality they mean not using "one liners" in posts. There are some users using one liners posts a lot and that is why people are saying about post quality. I don't know for sure but we need a lot of explanation from opaque for post quality.
If i'm not wrong longer posts: number of characters, admin rating to post (as per opaque's explanation), rank of the thread, pageviews and few other thread factors plus there are few more things. Like linking to wikipedia or reputable resources will likely to be rewarded. But if you've to earn mycent then keep number of characters in mind because this is essential in mycent whether other parameters are known or not. Most of time you end up ignoring other parameters so atleast keep "number of characters" in mind.

That's pretty much what i wanted to sum up by saying quality :P . But the point is your post does matter. In some way or the other, what you post decides what you get. Be it the views, the popularity, the length, thats not my point here. But yes, just assume characters and you'll just have this thread to read :)

That's pretty much what i wanted to sum up by saying quality :P . But the point is your post does matter. In some way or the other, what you post decides what you get. Be it the views, the popularity, the length, thats not my point here. But yes, just assume characters and you'll just have this thread to read :)

Ah that is huge thread. But i have enough data that by merely assuming post length will not give us much credits. I posted big character posts in last week for which i awarded only 3 cents. So i'm of opinion that unless other parameters really play into action we can't say that post length entirely pays us. I can tell you for sure that 10 lines of posts x 5 posts and you'll end up only getting 3$ but in reality you're supposed to get more if only characters are to be assumed in this system.I don't know how much is mycent improved but if our updates are random(more like manual by admin) then chances are that we're not getting paid as per algorithm as we thought. It could be entirely different in this downtime.

The quality seems to be determined by how many others respond, how many views there are, etc. (possibly even how well the advertisements work in the specific thread you posted in).My average over the past 350-400 posts has been around 20 cents each. So in my case 100 MyCents is an average of 5 posts.It really just depends on how insightful it is though. I've had some worth almost nothing and some that were shorter that were worth 30 cents or more.