xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

How Do U Work Put A Count Down Event On Rpg Maker 2003

hi my names jose ortizz i been design rpg games for a whil now but the only things that i can never do is put an event on a map where if u enter tht area u have a time limit to sovle it or get out.can u kindly help me out

hi my names jose ortizz i been design rpg games for a whil now but the only things that i can never do is put an event on a map where if u enter tht area u have a time limit to sovle it or get out.can u kindly help me out

Yeah sure, you just type in the following code:

when(user.enters(map)) : timeLimit.Start(2000);

if(!timeLimit.solved)
{
getOut();
}

I hope you can tell there's a reason I didn't wrap these words above in code tags. It would be of much help if you told us which programming language you use, which software, blah, blah, blah... ANY kind of information would be much appreciated.

Until then, don't expect much help. We can not help you until you tell us what we need to know...
Edited by Little Asterisk (see edit history)

Yeah sure, you just type in the following code:

when(user.enters(map)) : timeLimit.Start(2000);

if(!timeLimit.solved)
{
getOut();
}

I hope you can tell there's a reason I didn't wrap these words above in code tags. It would be of much help if you told us which programming language you use, which software, blah, blah, blah... ANY kind of information would be much appreciated.

Until then, don't expect much help. We can not help you until you tell us what we need to know...

Whoops...

Just now, I have noticed you've specified the software in the title. Huh... Ummm... Why isn't the edit button working when you need one?

Anyhow, I don't know how to do that in RPG Maker 2003, BUT these guys might:

http://www.gamespot.com/rpg-maker-xp/forums/

Hope that helps and sorry I haven't read the title thoroughly... :unsure:

i am glad you caught that. i was going to comment on your last post...heheh

anyway! check out this thread here. it should be what you were looking for. good luck, bud! btw- are you the one that was in the chat room yesterday??? you were going by a different name.

Edited by anwiii (see edit history)

i am glad you caught that. i was going to comment on your last post...heheh

anyway! check out this thread here. it should be what you were looking for. good luck, bud! btw- are you the one that was in the chat room yesterday??? you were going by a different name.

Yeah, I kind of just glanced (I hope that's the correct word) over the title, and I saw only "How do u put a count down..." because it was in the "Last post info" category. :D

Anyway, good thing I caught that. Think of the embarrassment... Whoops, I guess I should have thought of that earlier. :lol: