xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
deadmad7

Knowledgesutra On Tapatalk iPhone, BlackBerry, Android and Nokia.

TapaTalk  

5 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have recently started posted more and more using my iPhone rather than my computer. I carry my phone around 24/7, so that means I can also post 24/7 :D Doing this made me realize the PAIN of pinching to zoom in on the screen and wait for minutes for the thread to load. That's when I started to look for an alternate for using Safari to view any forum.

Tapatalk is a forum app for iPhone, BlackBerry, Android and Nokia. The app provides super fast forum access to any vBulletin, IPBoard, phpBB and SMF forums that have activated Tapatalk. Forum owner can download the free plug-in to activate Tapatalk in your forum.

I came up with this 'TapaTalk'. It's basically a forum viewer for the iPhone, BlackBerry, Android and Nokia which you can get for FREE from the Apple/Blackberry/Android/Nokia Store on your phone. Though, the Free version only offers read-only, you can get the paid one for $2.99 and have PM ability and Reply to threads. The Forum APP has 5 stars and all the reviews are good. It's totally trust able.

I have already purchased the full version of the App and I can tell you that is gorgeous! All the posts are laid out in a simple way and switching between pages is awesome! I can view my messages and reply to them.

The APP comes with 5000 forums and 1000 forums are added 1 month. After the ADMIN of a forum adds the plug in for Tapatalk in the forum control panel, the forum becomes available inside the APP and the users can view it. The only drawback is that the forum HAS to be added by the Admin with a plug in for it to be visible, so you can't just view it by itself.

SO, how do you add it? Well, its simple. The Admin (OpaQue/BH) has to go here and make a account on TapaTalk. Then the admin can download the PLUGIN for IPB 3 and install it WHICH IS FREE! . After you do that and follow all the instructions by given by Tapatalk, the users can view the Xisto on Tapatalk.

Here is some advantages of Tapatalk?

Multiple forum access

No Safari pinch-zooming

Super-fast Post Loading

Customizable interface

Reply & edit to post

Private Messaging

See who's online

Image upload & viewing

and some Q's and A's -

Q: How much does it cost?

A: As a forum owner you are free to activate Tapatalk in your forum, and you are free to remove/deactivate it anytime you want to. A free version of the app is also available. There is a paid version at US$2.99 for iPhone, Android, Nokia (BlackBerry version is in beta and is currently free).

Q: Which forum system does it currently support?

A: Currently phpBB3 3.0.x, vBulletin 3.7.x/3.8.x/4.0.x, Invision Power Board (IPB) 3.0.x and Simple Machine Forum (SMF) 1.1.x/2.0.x are supported.

Q: I have multiple forums, Can I activate more than one forum?

A: Yes, you can and additional forums are free also.

Q: What's the point of this app if my members can access my site with mobile skin at no cost?

A: We received a lot of feedback from users that they want a dedicated app on their smartphone. Most users are contented with the mobile skin or a standard web browser but some of them would appreciate a full-on native app on their phone. For example Tapatalk app allows user to upload photo directly from their phone to your forum as an image attachment. We are also rolling out Push Notification support so it helps your members to stay in touch with your forums while on-the-go.

So, I hope this thing gets ADDED! :)

Sorry for the double post but I forgot to add some pictures to see how it looks like.

Choosing your forum -

Posted Image

Choosing your section -

Posted Image

Choosing topic -

Posted Image

Posting something -

Posted Image

Settings panel -

Posted Image

According to the android market the free version is only a demo. Do you know if it will expire.

Here is the website for the Android Market App. The free which is called TapaTalk Demo' for Android is JUST THE SAME as the PRO one for $2.99 except it doesn't have the ability to POST or view PMs. That's the only difference between the Pro and Free. If you don't want to buy it -- you can still view the updates around the forum and know what's happening.

IPB already has an App (which I have not announced yet) and an inbuilt support for mobile devices. I recommend you checking out Xisto on your iphone. I did on mine and the interface is ROCKING :) IPB 3 detects user device and displays the correct version of the forum.

IPB already has an App (which I have not announced yet) and an inbuilt support for mobile devices. I recommend you checking out Xisto on your iphone. I did on mine and the interface is ROCKING :) IPB 3 detects user device and displays the correct version of the forum.

Nope... I tried that. The Interface isn't good and it takes forever to load things on my EDGE network. I would really appreciated it if you could install the Tapatalk Plugin, please. It should only take a moment of your time to download and install the plugin. You could install it on ALL your forums like Xisto, so that the users can HAVE A MOBILE VERSION OF ALL XISTO forums. Besides, it IS FREE! No losses -- only gain.

PLUS you can get new users how have Tapatalk and stumble upon Xisto in one of the categories. ;)

GOOD IDEA DEADMAD, i really think this will be a great plugin to be added and it isn't that expensive or ruin anything in here or in the phone. besides it may be a great way to post when we are out, well i plan to buy an Iphone just to enter the forum when i am out :) .

so i agree, it is a great idea and thank you for sharing deadmad.