xisto Community
-Sky-

Amd Overclocking

When I overclocked my AMD Athlon 64 CPU I am only able to overclock it to atleast 2.30 GHz. Anything over that my system becomes unstable and fails to boot. My motherboard (for some reason) does not support the use of "Voltage Control" so I can't up my voltage for my CPU. My MSI K8NGM2 MS-7207G BIOS update is 1.60. Apparently this is the latest update for my BIOS. :( Is there any other way of getting over 2.3 GHz?Connecting Bridges:Is there a way to connect CPU bridges for an AMD Athlon 64 Processor?Thanks.

If your motherboard won't let you adjust voltages then there is very little you can do unfortunately. Increasing the voltages is necessary to make it possible for the CPU to detect changes in the shorter time periods allowed with higher clock speeds. Not increasing the voltage simply means the CPU is operating too quickly to reach the voltage levels required to represent digital data. Often, changing the CPU cooler is suggested, but that's unlikely to help as using the stock voltages means that heat should not be a limiting factor for you.

This is kind of on-topic so I didn't want to make a new thread but...Are you able to overclock things when your BIOS doesn't support it? This includes the video card, RAM, and CPU. Every time people talk about various options on how to do OC'ing or change settings I look in my BIOS only to find that they don't exist on mine.I've also done my BIOS updates already, to no avail.

I'm able to overclock my CPU to 2.30 GHz from stock 2.00 GHz, and the RAM and Graphics Card. I just can't change Voltages.

Are you able to overclock things when your BIOS doesn't support it? This includes the video card, RAM, and CPU. Every time people talk about various options on how to do OC'ing or change settings I look in my BIOS only to find that they don't exist on mine.

CPU and RAM generally not. They require settings on your motherboard to change them, and if your motherboard doesn't let you change those settings then there is not a lot you can do. Software running within the operating system can't really do anything about it. The graphics card is a different matter. Software such as ATI Overdrive and RivaTuner can overclock your graphics card from within the operating system, allowing you to change things such as the core clock frequency, memory frequency and even fan speed. Just make sure you have the latest drivers and the latest version of the overclocking software to give you the best possible chance of it working.

If you are going to over clock so much your system is going to heat up and be unstable....Try getting a better cooler or try and get your computer in a really cold place where it cant heat up to the point where it gets unstable....or you can always buy a gigabyte motherboard and i recommend the Nforce chipset.... U have voltage control for the ram, cup and graphics.... Also they have a software that helps you over clock your ram, cpu and gfx directly from windows......