xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
The Simpleton

The Octopus Vs The Parrot Paul vs Mani

Paul the octopus has become a celebrity and it's no surprise that there are others who want to have a share of the fame as well. So now there are a lot of other fortune-telling animals/birds out there and everyone wants to hog the limelight. In any case, Paul will remain at the top and as you may already know, Spain is Paul's favourite to win the world cup now. There have been some other predictions which second Paul's decision, but another 'celebrity' who is a parrot from Singapore has predicted that the Netherlands will win. The parrot's name is Mani, and it has had a perfect prediction record just like Paul. But now their predictions contradict each other and one of them is bound to be wrong.There are still 10 hours for the final match to begin. Who will win? No I'm not asking about Spain or Holland, but about Paul and Mani! :)

Paul the octopus has become a celebrity and it's no surprise that there are others who want to have a share of the fame as well. So now there are a lot of other fortune-telling animals/birds out there and everyone wants to hog the limelight. In any case, Paul will remain at the top and as you may already know, Spain is Paul's favourite to win the world cup now. There have been some other predictions which second Paul's decision, but another 'celebrity' who is a parrot from Singapore has predicted that the Netherlands will win. The parrot's name is Mani, and it has had a perfect prediction record just like Paul. But now their predictions contradict each other and one of them is bound to be wrong.
There are still 10 hours for the final match to begin. Who will win? No I'm not asking about Spain or Holland, but about Paul and Mani! :)

I've always had a liking for Octopuses , and Hail Paul sounds a lot better than hail Mani. So, go go go Paul ! We're with you ! Waiting for the day when you enter Wall Street :P

I've always had a liking for Octopuses , and Hail Paul sounds a lot better than hail Mani. So, go go go Paul ! We're with you ! Waiting for the day when you enter Wall Street :P

Hail Paul does indeed sound better but there are a lot of Germans who want to eat Paul because the prediction psychologically damaged the German team in their game! So Paul better watch out as there are Germans in Wall Street too :lol:

Hail Paul does indeed sound better but there are a lot of Germans who want to eat Paul because the prediction psychologically damaged the German team in their game! So Paul better watch out as there are Germans in Wall Street too :lol:

I knew Paul would beat Mani! But now he's got to be careful about one more country called Netherlands. He's making too many enemies, kinda like James Bond :P

I knew Paul would beat Mani! But now he's got to be careful about one more country called Netherlands. He's making too many enemies, kinda like James Bond :P

Seems like PAUL was right about all the GAMES so far! Now, hes probably wanted in a bunch of countries! :D I could picture a octopus wearing glasses and a pistol~ The names Paul, paul the octopus.

Lol these countries have a good reason to hate Paul but they could be satisfied with the fact that Paul won't be alive till the next world cup. Octopuses live for around three years and Paul is already 2 1/2 years old. So unless someone is planning to implant Paul's brain in some other octopus, the next world cup will most probably be prediction-free!

now i read this topic for the first time and couldn't understand anything till i googled "Paul the octopus" and understood. now what is this all about??what is the relation between animals and the world's cup?and do people really believe in that?please anyone explain to me.

now i read this topic for the first time and couldn't understand anything till i googled "Paul the octopus" and understood. now what is this all about??
what is the relation between animals and the world's cup?
and do people really believe in that?
please anyone explain to me.

Ok wd. I dunno how much you much got by googling. Basically there's this octopus who's affectionately called Paul. He's somehow been able to 'predict' the winners of matches in this world cup and he's been pretty much right all the time till now. The way he 'predicts' is that in his fish (or octopus :P) tank they keep two boxes which have the flags of the competing teams. The video I saw was not very clear but the country that owns the flag of the box he opens is what we call his prediction. As it turns out, whatever flag he picked, that team won. This has been happening for a while now which is why there are lots of people who are very enthusiastic about it. I'm sure there were lots of people who even bet on the results placing faith in Paul. Hope that clarifies it for you :) There is one youtube video which is kind of like a news presentation introducing Paul. But I'm not able to find it. Let me know if you need it, I'll try and get it for you.

Lol these countries have a good reason to hate Paul but they could be satisfied with the fact that Paul won't be alive till the next world cup. Octopuses live for around three years and Paul is already 2 1/2 years old. So unless someone is planning to implant Paul's brain in some other octopus, the next world cup will most probably be prediction-free!

Awww.. That is so sad! I'll surely miss Paul. Hail Paul. I was almost starting to think that he's immortal !

now i read this topic for the first time and couldn't understand anything till i googled "Paul the octopus" and understood. now what is this all about??
what is the relation between animals and the world's cup?
and do people really believe in that?
please anyone explain to me.

Ok wd. I dunno how much you much got by googling. Basically there's this octopus who's affectionately called Paul. He's somehow been able to 'predict' the winners of matches in this world cup and he's been pretty much right all the time till now. The way he 'predicts' is that in his fish (or octopus :P) tank they keep two boxes which have the flags of the competing teams. The video I saw was not very clear but the country that owns the flag of the box he opens is what we call his prediction. As it turns out, whatever flag he picked, that team won. This has been happening for a while now which is why there are lots of people who are very enthusiastic about it. I'm sure there were lots of people who even bet on the results placing faith in Paul. Hope that clarifies it for you :) There is one youtube video which is kind of like a news presentation introducing Paul. But I'm not able to find it. Let me know if you need it, I'll try and get it for you.