xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rob86

S.t.a.l.k.e.r. Shadow Of Chernobyl?

I got this game and it's pretty good, but what's the deal with all the game ending bugs? I have it patched to the latest version and I keep breaking the game. I'm trying to do the missions, and I don't know what happened, I must have become lost. I found a a secret cache of goodies, and it keeps saying TASK FAILED: Find Strelok. I assume I must have done something backwards, so I go back and try to "Save Mole". He keeps getting killed before I get there and my mission is failed. I think I'm popping my head out of the wrong hole or something. I have no idea. Weird.. It's certainly not as 'screw up proof' as other open world-ish games. The PDA Map doesn't seem to be very good either. Oh well..

The first STALKER game is EPIC and the best in the series. Apart from the huge FAN base and Mod Community, the game successfully merges FPS and RPG and is the most fun I have had in years.

Oh and SPOILER ALERT!!!! you are Strelock

Oh good one why would you spoil the entire game that is so unfair for newcomers. Anyway the game is great and has multiple endings to experience, the weapons are vast and fun to use and the armoured suits are great and some are very interesting. The quests are also great fun and some can be quite challenging. If you do complete the game try out some mods, alot of the mods are graphical enhancements, but some mods such as Lost Alpha and Priboi Story have different content and are huge fun and add many more hours of gameplay, some mods out there even add different custom monsters and characters, even monsters that were cut form the original game. Some mods add huge amounts of custom content such as weapons and levels and items.

Some good sites are ModDB.com and Stalker.filefront.com. Check out those websites for the best mod content. On a final note I personally put the name in my top 20 game list and rate it 9.6 out of 10.

Hope this information is useful in some way. :D