xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ill

Video Game Addicts go outside..

This is to those of you who spend countless hours staying inside playing video games. Not to those who you who indulge your time sparingly..

Video games were made to cure boredom. Not to take time out of your busy day.

I see more kids staying inside playing video games then I do outside playing in the warm sun.

I miss the days when we'd play Tecmo Superbowl for ten minutes then go outside and play real football for two hours. Now, most people are lazy and do it the other way around, play real football for fifteen minutes, start sweating then go inside and play PS2 or something..

Playing video games is not bad, in fact, it is nice to take a rest from a stressful life and indulge in an alternate reality where I can be whomever I want to be.. The SuperBowl MVP Quarterback, a pill eating circle :D , or a World Class Chess Champion.

If you find yourself turning in incomplete homework because you played your RPG instead of doing your homework, you didn't sleep because you played NFSP2, or you have no girlfriend because you invest your time in video games, you have a problem.

Seek help - now.

Besides playing video games, you could go outside and meet new people, hang out with your friends, go work-ouit. I mean, there are other, more satisfying options. Things that you could gain something from - not that you can't gain anything from video games, it's just that you gain more from first-hand experience. What is better? Driving a Ferari in a video game or in real-life? Oh, you don't have enough money? Go make it happen. Go study, go to college. Take over Microsoft. Hey.. it can happen, just takes dedication.

I'm sure you did a good job letting a chunk of the world's population that they are a loser, and they need help. :D I quit video games for my girlfriend, other friends, martial arts competions, video making, SAT studying, and school(of course). I still play counter-strike though.Do you think that those professional gamers who get sponsored and payed to play games need help, too? Because I think thats a pretty cool profession.. you get to travel, people admire you, (and a handful of them are in relationships), you make good money, and you're always with a team! I think that that is sort of like being a Pro Athlete.Not saying I'd want to be one (though I prollie could..)Anyway, good post :D *props*

I play videogames all the time. I think that you are right though. There are very few exceptions, and I think that I am one of them. I spend way to much time playing them as it is. Probably two to three hours a day. But I am still able to keep good grades in school stay in shape, and mantain a lively social life. But that is why I think that I am an exception. I think that it is sad when you see some kid that is out of shape and says he would like to lose weight. But he says he would rather play videogames instead of working out to lose the weight that can cause extreme health conditions. I have seen that way to many times. Today is just becoming a little lazier everday. Like the Remote that they have for everything.

Hehehehe nice speech there mister, however, do you think that all the game addicts will hear what you are going to say. I mean you cannot tell a dog to not bark right? Maybe they will just be warned, but will not be stopped. My idea is instead of refering this topic to the game addicts, you should concentrate on the people who have not become a game addict, as the old saying: preventing is better than curing. Right?

Do I think that they're going to hear? Yeh I'm sure some will, there has to be some at Xisto. Do I think they will stop? Probably not, but they do need to realize that they are seen as their immediate society (meaning their schoolmates) probably do see them as losers, if they haven't realized that already. Preventing probably is better than curing, hopefully those who read this who aren't game addicts, take a move not to become one!

Video games are fantastic, anyone who doen't like them I know exactly what will persuade you. Just pick up the controller, play Grand Theft Auto or Halo, they are some of the best games around; you'll love them!

GG! You didn't even read the post! No one here said they didn't like video games! You disgust me!

They can do what they want. It's not your problem if they become unhealthy and vegetable-like. I know that you're doing this for the right cause, but it really isn't necessary. Let them be. I'm not condoning or supporting this "way of life" in any way, but I let each person decide what they want to do in their daily life. Of course it's best if they don'tspend 10-12 hours a day wasting time by playing mindless surrealgames, but what can you do?

This is the same idea for why to not smoke or abuse drugs. There's no difference. I'm not an hardcore gamer, but I still know how to control myself from always play games. "You can lead the horse to the water, but it won't drink".xboxrulz