xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
The Simpleton

Cricket: India Wins Asia Cup After 15 Years

I had to keep the prefix Cricket because I'm not sure how many cricket fans are there in the forum! Besides, it's the football season so most people would be taking about football only. Anyway there are other tournaments going on to (Wimbledon, anyone?) and one of them was the Asia Cup, which ended a few minutes ago with India beating Sri Lanka. This win was pending since 15 years and will surely bring cheer to the millions of cricket fans in India who were terribly disappointed with the team's dismal performance in the recent tri-series tournament.

After the match with Pakistan I had a good feeling that we would win the cup - the players always get pumped up after playing against Pakistan :)

I had to keep the prefix Cricket because I'm not sure how many cricket fans are there in the forum! Besides, it's the football season so most people would be taking about football only. Anyway there are other tournaments going on to (Wimbledon, anyone?) and one of them was the Asia Cup, which ended a few minutes ago with India beating Sri Lanka. This win was pending since 15 years and will surely bring cheer to the millions of cricket fans in India who were terribly disappointed with the team's dismal performance in the recent tri-series tournament.

After the match with Pakistan I had a good feeling that we would win the cup - the players always get pumped up after playing against Pakistan :)

After watching the previous match against SriLanka I thought we will lose Asia cup this year also. But poor luck and somewhat bad fielding in final match kept Sri Lankans away from this Asia Cup. Dhoni is a lucky guy.. Because mostly his luck is getting Wins to India. Look at how our players played in final. I am not really satisfied with our batting performance though our bowlers did somewhat well.

Anyway winning is always happy.. congrats to our team.. :)

I too think the team gets lucky most of the time. They do perform well but not well enough to win entirely on their own. It is their opponents' mistakes that usually win them matches :lol: In any case since its happening a lot we may just think they're lucky :) So let's just forget about luck and be satisfied that we've won the cup after a long time. Now the team will start relaxing again so we'd better prepare for defeat next!

yes the victory was well needed and the match was really good.With so much of criticism running around the players disappointing efforts.The match with Srilanka before the final sort of made me feel like it will be difficult but yesterday was a really good day and a confident performance by the team made it happen.Feels nice after15 yrs we have Asia Cup.But the match with Pakistan was much interesting match, it was something refreshing and entertaining from the side of India after a long time.I hope the victory continues and the players keep the concentration high for the world cup.

The match against Pakistan was really interesting, especially the six by Bhajji in the last over. But did you notice that the whole tournament received a lukewarm response from the nation? I guess people are still down with football fever so they have given second preference to cricket for now! Even the media and news channels didnt focus much on the tournament. Maybe they were just playing it safe.