xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kleong

Cute Or Cruel? You Decide

Saw this picture in one website. The owners had dye the fur of their dogs to make them look like other animals ie tiger and panda. While I must say they look cute, I wonder what kind of harm they have inflicted on the poor dogs. They could be traumatize by the whole dyeing process and the dyeing material could be harmful to them. I am incline to think this is more cruelty than cute. So what you think? Cute or cruel.http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/photo/2010-06/07/content_9941756.htm

awful, horrible and disgusting,?this is how i think, even i said before that i am afraid of dogs but naturally i am an animal lover, even from far away. and do such a horrible thing to an animal is so sick. if that owner wants a tiger, he should get a one not coloring another animal for his own selfishness desires, he wants a tiger that acts friendly and can't harm him, and because there's no such a thing in nature he created a one. without ?thinking what would that bring to that poor dog, and what is the side effect. if that poor animal could talk, he may don't like it. but because he is an animal, so there is a reason to do whatever he wants with.?i saw before a?chick colored with read and pink. and it really looked awful, so i asked my brother who is a veterinarian about that, he said even they colored that chick with temporary colors, that will affect him in a way or another because these chemical things may not work for animals as human.?

That is the single most awesome thing I have seen today, as for whether or not it's cruel, if it doesn't hurt or alienate the dogs then I think it's cuter than it is cool. If the dying process is harmful then obviously I disagree, but I doubt those sort of things would hurt the Dog, he looks happy in the picture. But I personally wouldn't do it but I do like it, it is interesting and a bit different.

As long as it is a non toxic dye, I really don't see a problem. Also, it depends on the disposition of the pet. Nearly all pets love attention from humans. There is nothing they like better than to have their human's undivided attention. And you would have to admit it took a fair amount of time to get that dye job done. Most dogs would of soaked it up like the love sponges they are. The dye job is in actuality, not a lot different from the intense grooming needed for many breeds in the show ring. Depending on the breed, many show dogs spend hours and hours every week on the grooming table. Then there is the added attraction of the extra attention the dog is going to get after the dye job. If you go threw all that trouble to do your pet up that way, you are going to be taking him out to lots of different places to show him off. So he gets even more attention. Spending time with you is what he wants anyway. Some years back I had a little red poodle named Rosie. I knew nothing what so ever about dog grooming, so she was my experiment dog. She loved being groomed, and I tried a lot of different things on her. Once I even gave her a purple mohawk. She loved every minute of it. There are of course, some dogs that do not care for this sort of attention, but I would say the vast majority of dogs would really enjoy it.