xisto Community
OpaQue

How Do You Like The Color Of Knowledgesutra? Please tell me how beautiful it is :)

This is a little outdated, but I guess I'll just spill my thoughts.The homepage is extremely good - better than most of the flash websites I've seen across the web. The effects are good, the sounds are good, the music is good. But what really shocked me was the combination of color scheme - yellow, red and brown - with the other elements. The effects and sounds suggest a calm and composed atmosphere, but the colour scheme of the site seems to suggest, a sad, wistful, and maybe intense kind of atmosphere. I would suggest, instead of brown, maybe a dash of blue - a little lighter and more vibrant than Facebook blue, or #2389E0. That would make the page feel more tranquil, and the words at the bottom easier to read. Good job on the rest of the aspects though, the Xisto forum is one of the most well-designed forums I've seen. It really puts my school's club forum pages to shame...

I like the subtle blue, it's inviting. Darker colors will make things difficult for most users, In My Opinion. A general color scheme needs to be used. Brown then Blue... that won't work out too much. Blue and a lighter blue, like on the forums is okay to me...

I love the intro/main page, think it looks great. Although going from that really modern smart look, then gives the forum an amateur look and feel. They look good apart from each other but put them side by side like they are and they just don't work well together. In my personal opinion, one of them needs to be changed. Which is a shame as both are great. Its going to be a tough choice for whoever has to make that final decision.

A light color with easily readable font is always good for the visitor.I actually had my website black with white text and although it looked amazing, I got complaints: mostly it was too dark and the font was hard to read.So I've changed it to a whitish gray background with dark blue text and everyone seems to be fine with it. Of course, this was after a friend suggested that I change the colors.He said: Look at all the professional websites. Ever seen one in black? MySpace, Facebook, Google, Twitter - they're all lighter colors because it's more welcoming.And if you think about it, if your intention and goals are to keep the visitor coming back and on your page for a few minutes to hours at a time, you're going to want to have their eyes be comfortable.For me, it's actually black that's comfortable - because I'm mostly on my computer at night and I have to dim the screen in order to tolerate the light. But I've chosen a theme for my site that I'm generally comfortable with and is easy on the eyes. I also left the option open to change themes -- including my old black one.So to answer your question: YES! KEEP THE DESIGN. It's fine :D

I love the intro page but the default page with blue is somewhat out dated. I like green and white. If there is an option to change our favorite color for our view it will be great.

I love the color, it makes it proffesionly and appealing to the eye. However, it might make more sense to make the forums brown as well. Blue is my favorite color, so I would probably rather have both of them blue to keep it matching. I think a light blue would look better also. I agree with Xarex's friend- lighter colors are more welcoming, but your brown looks very warm, proffessional, and welcoming. Overall, I love the color of Xisto.

Download the package, unzip the package, and use an FTP program to move it over to your server (I use filezilla).Then you need to create a database in cpanel, and use the information it gives you after creating one, in the web setup. Yesyou set these up by simply going to your website. It's rather easy, and quite fun to play around with these systems. But, I'm telling you now, that if you just dive right into coding, and styling, then you will want to scream and run away from this because it's far too much to grasp. CSS alone is a ton to grasp, not to mention when you start throwing in mos (transparency), andother effects that are higher css grades.

I like the colors and format currently used. I believe darker tones is always a good idea with a brighter background.So its easier for users to read posts and information. Also its a good idea to use less flash and more innovative methods to addglamour and effects to the homepage. This way the site can load quicker user side. Also it helps the site be more compatible for older machines.

I like the color! I'm glad that it's blue. Blue is my favorite. I prefer sites with lighter colors because, just like what Tulip said, they give off the welcoming aura. Since Xisto is a place for information, I think white, blue, green, or gold will suit it. The current color and layout of Xisto also looks really professional to me.