xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

Old School Review: The Legend Of Zelda

Well, we had a severe storm last night to the point we lost power and we still don't, but with the awesomeness of a laptop and that battery it will give me a chance to do an old school review. As for the game I will be talking about, it shocking that I haven't written about it sooner, that is game is Legend of Zelda. If your an old school gamer like me then you grew up with this franchise since the first game, sadly I only played the first game up until the world of emulators was introduce to me. I will say this, that Zelda had a very unqiue things about it, that it came in a gold cartridge and not the standard grey color that most games came in and to me I think it worth money but because how popular the game was I don't think the gold cartidge is worth that much on the market but who knows.

I do remember that my brother had barrowed this game from a friend and i believe he was close to beating it and I some how deleted the game, lets just say I can't remember what happen afterwards...think I got yelled at for deleting that file. Anyway, lets get to the review.

Legend of Zelda

Some Screen Shots

Posted ImagePosted Image

Game Maker: Nintendo

Year: 1986

Price: $40-$50 a game

Levels: 18, after beating the first round you get to start on a more difficult version of the game.

Sound: 9

Graphics: 6

Mini-Games: slots

Difficulty: Back then 10 Now: 6

Replay Value: 10

Game play:

This game is an action-adventure with puzzle solving, upgrading of weapons and a little stealth action.

Plot:

You play as the hero Link and your goal, put the 8 pieces of the triforce together, destroy Gannon and rescue the princess Zelda, but wait there is more, you get to do it again but much more harder.

First Impressions:

It was definately a hard especially when you lived on just three hearts and each attack cost you half a heart, at my epicness at this game, at most I got to level 3 or 4, not to sure as it has been a long time since I originally played it. Definately a frustrating game because of the large map and no markers to point you the right way, except for the old woman and old man. Of course, getting money wasn't any easier, especially when you had to buy things that cost quite a lot but at least the music was good.

24 years later:

Still a epic game, though it is a lot easier now, since I could blast through the first 4 levels like they are nothing and then of course quick save to max out on rubies to get everything I need to conquer the game. That and the giant map on Gamfaqs BwhaHAHA. Still is a fun game that is worthy of constant replay

Overall Ranking: 9.5

Though I have played the game, beating it, played it some more and of course beaten it again, it is a classic game that has that kind of value of how great the NES era was.

So this is my review of the NES classic Contra and Now for that Catchy slogan--

"Games don't get old, just people!"

--Now for some copyright info--

Images and of course games are copyrighted to its perspective owners blah blah blah. Roms are illegal and so do not get caught blah blah blah or else blah blah blah. Reviews and opinions are my own so don't argue with me unless you can prove otherwise why this game sucks and 100% of the time you are wrong because one your either a new school gamer and don't know a good game when you see it or two, well there is no two so HA!!. All slogans, trademarks and names excluded the games I review are copyrighted to me blah blah and blah. 2007-2009 SM Old School Legend.

I have fond memories of playing this game. I didn't own it but I borrowed it. I grew up living near a guy who let me borrow his NES games. I remember he had a disgusting habit of spitting into his cartridges to get them to work. I owned a few NES games, my favourite was River City Ransom. I loved that game, it was funny.But yeah, they don`t make games like The Legend of Zelda anymore. Games are not very challenging these days.

That is awesome. Nothing like a storm to help you get back into some old school gaming. Hopefully things did`nt get too crazy. I never got into Zelda but appreciate you got a chance to play around with it. For me, if I ever was caught up in a similar storm, I would love to play the classic Super Mario.