xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rereresidency

What Has Helped You With Any Mental Illness?

If you've had any sort of mental illness, what did you do/are you doing to help it? What has/is helping you the most?I'm on a medicine called Citalopram (or celexa), I'm on 40mg's. I was on the highest dosage, 60mg's until a couple of months ago. I've been on meds for a year now. They help tons, I'm not cured by any means, but they relieve it.Also I'm on herbs for my hormones, and that helps with PMS and things which make it worse.

being a mental illness doesn't mean that you have to live alone and lock yourself away. as long as you have your family, your friends and people who care about you then you shouldn't worry at all. also, you can write here whatever you want but it should be within the forum rules Posted Image.

you are helping yourself now by knowing your problem and taking medicine to heal yourself, this is always a huge step. when you know what is your problem and admit it and do something about it. just do your best and i am sure you will heal very soon. speedy recovery.