xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kira423

Just A Few Appetizers

Pita Chips!!!To Make these you will need4 pita breads, cut them horizontally2 tablespoons of butter or olive oil1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder1/4 teaspoon of salt and1/4 teaspoon of black pepperPre-heat your oven to 400 degreesSpread pita halves with butter or olive oilcut the halves into 6 wedgescoat a baking sheet with veggie spray and put the pita wedges on it in a single layersprinkle rest of the ingredients on top and bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until the wedges are crispthis recipe makes 48 chipsand if you want some salsa to go with it try this Fresh Tomato Salsayou will need 6 roma tomatoes, make sure you dice them >.<1 4 ounce can of diced green chiles.. drain them first1 cup of diced onion1 tablespoon of fresh chopped cilantro1 tablespoon of fresh lime juice1 teaspoon lime zest1/2 teaspoon of salt and1/4 teaspoon cuminmix all of the ingredients together in a bowl. cover and chill for 2 hours, this will go great with your pita chips!!

Sounds good. I like the recipe for the salsa. I haven't tried it, but it sounds good. Thanks.. keep up the posts! "Food rocks! Eating rules." (I guess that was inspired by the little slogan at the bottom of the screen)

the tuna fish thing? I like it :), yeah the salsa is very good, I have a ton more recipes, but I'm not sure if I can just keep on making topics or if I will get in trouble for making too many!!! I will make one more today, I haven't decided what recipe yet though..... what do you think?

Actually there was a slogan at the bottom of this webpage that said "Honesty rocks, truth rules" but it's gone now that the site changed. As for recipes..hmm, I don't know. Post whatever you want! Helpful, huh? You've shared some good stuff so far, you'll figure something out.You could always post something non-food related too if you don't want to post a bunch of recipes. Not sure what else you're interested in other than food though. :)

I really like food lol, I love to cook so I have a lot of recipes!! And here is a few more actuallyVelvety Guacamole2 ripe hass avocados pit them2 tablespoons fresh lime or lemon juice2 roma tomatoes diced1/4 cups of dices onions2 tablespoon of fresh chopped cilantro1 teaspoon minced garlic2 tablespoons diced green chilies (this is optional)1/4 teaspoons of cumin and1/4 teaspoon of saltscoop out avocado halves into a bowl, and lime or lemon juice and mash the avocados. Add the other ingredients and stir them well... serve fresh!!this next recipe is good for your digestive healthRoasted Garlic5 large heads of garlic2 tablespoons of olive oil1/4 teaspoons of salt1/4 teaspoon of black pepperPre-heat oven to 375. then remove the thin layer of skin from the garlic heads. trim about 1/4 inches off the top of the garlic head.. LEAVE THE BULB IN TACT!!! Place the garlic in a baking dish. make sure the side that is cut is facing up. drizzle the oil over it, and sprinkle on the salt and pepper. cover the dish with aluminum foil, and bake for an hour.remove the dish from the oven and remove the foil. when they have cooled enough to touch squeeze the garlic out of the clove!! Serve warm with some crusty bread!!Good Luck with the recipes.. be sure to leave some feedback on them so others know how they are!!

well, kira i really hate cook, or let's say not kind of persons that good in cooking. but your recipes looks very delicious. i am sure that i will try it as soon as i can and post a feedback here , only if it works for me :).what i like in your recipes that they are very detailed, you even mentioned how much salt we should add and that look great for me, since most of recipes don't mention that, they only write "a little bit of salt, huh, like i know how much this little bit should be so i end up with either a very salty food or with no salt at all :P. anyway, i will give it a try and thank you for sharing.

well, kira i really hate cook, or let's say not kind of persons that good in cooking. but your recipes looks very delicious. i am sure that i will try it as soon as i can and post a feedback here , only if it works for me :).
what i like in your recipes that they are very detailed, you even mentioned how much salt we should add and that look great for me, since most of recipes don't mention that, they only write "a little bit of salt, huh, like i know how much this little bit should be so i end up with either a very salty food or with no salt at all :D. anyway, i will give it a try and thank you for sharing.

No problem, I enjoy posting in these forums, and it makes it even better that it is helpful to everyone :P

You can buy pita bread at several different super markets, I'm not sure what ones you have where your from, but If there is a Wal-Mart there you can find the pita bread with the tortilla shells, which are usually on the bread isle of the store. That would be the first place I would look ^_^

Here is some more appetizers for everyoneLayered Pinto and Black bean dip1-16 oz can refried beans1-15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained1/4 teaspoon chili powder1/4 teaspoon cumin1 cup salsa1 cup shredded cheddr cheese1 cup velvety guacamole (recipe above)Preheat oven to 350. Spread the refriend beans in the bottom of a shallow cassorle dish, top with black beans. Sprikle with the chili powder and cumin. Spoon salsa on top of the beans, and top with cheddarbake for 15 to 20 minutes, until chedar is melted. remove from the oven and spread guacaole on top.Hummus with roasted red peppers1-15 oz can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained1 teaspoon minced garlic1-7 oz jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped1/4 cup tahini or sesame butter2 tablespoons lemon juice2 tablespoons olive oil1/2 teaspoon salt1/4 teaspoon cumin1/4 teaspoon corianderPlace beans in a food processor or blender and process until smooth, add the remainng indregents and bled until combined wellCover and chill for 1 hour.Enjoy :)

Chilled Crab Dip1 16 oz container lump crab meat1 cup shredded cheddar cheese4 oz softened cream cheese1/3 cup miricale whip1 tablespoon lemon juice1 teaspoon lemon zest1 tablespoon worcetershire sauce1 teaspoon old bay1/2 teaspoon garlic powder1/2 teaspoon tabascocombine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Cover and chill for 1 hourSpinach, Swiss and Artichoke Dip (I think it is yucky but IDK)1 10 oz bag of baby spinach chopped14oz can artichoke hearts1/2 cup diced onion1/2 cup miracle whip1 cupp swiss cheese shredded1/2 cup sour cream1/2 teaspoon salt1/4 teaspoon blk pepperPreheat oven to 350. combine all ingredients into a mixing bowl. coat a cassorole dish with veg spray. spread dip evenly into the dish abd back 20 to 25 minutes

Stuffed Cheese Puffs3 tablespoons unsalted butter3/4 teaspoon salt1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper1 cup all-purpose flour4 large eggs1/2 cup finely shredded gruyereCrab salad, sauted mushrooms or other filling, optionalPreheat oven to 400. Butter 2 large baking sheets.Bring 1 cup water, butter, salt and pepper to a boil over medium-high heat. Add flour; beat with a wooden spoon until mixture forms a ball.Transfer dough to a large bowl. With electric mixer on high speed, add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each. Beat until mixture is smooth and has cooled. Beat in cheese.Drop spoonfuls of mixture 1 inch apart on baking sheets. With dampened fingers, smooth tops. Bake until puffed and golden, 25 to 30 minutes. Cool on pans on wire racks. Slice off top third discard doughy centers. Fill, if desired, and replace tops.White Bean Dip1 15.5-oz. can cannellini beans1 small shallot, chopped1 garlic clove, chopped1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro1/4 cup chopped fresh mint1 tablespoon lemon juice1 tablespoon olive oil1/4 teaspoon salt1/4 teaspoon pepperIn a food processor puree all ingredients until smooth. Transfer to serving bowl and chill for at least 1 hour to allow flavors to developAsparagus Ham Spirals8 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls1 carton (8 ounces) spreadable chive-and-onion cream cheese4 thin rectangular slices deli ham2 tablespoons butter, melted1/4 teaspoon garlic powderPlace asparagus in a skillet add 1/2 in. of water. Bring to a boil. Reduced heat; cover and simmer for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and set aside.Separate crescent dough into four rectangles seal. Spread cream cheese over each rectangle to within 1/4 in. of edges. Top each with ham, leaving 1/4 in. uncovered on one long side. Place two asparagus spears along the long side with the ham roll up and press seam to seal.Cut each roll into seven pieces. Place cut side down 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Combine butter and garlic powder; brush over spirals. Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown

Edited by kira423 (see edit history)