xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
web_designer

Why People Should Be Jealous? Jealousy: Is it a good or bad thing?

now i always wonder? why people should be jealous? jealousy is a very complicated topic, and have a lot of faces. but i think most of the time it hurts a lot. sometimes, it is ok to be jealous in a positive way which brings positive reactions like being jealous of your mates that motivates you and makes you do your best either in study or work. another positive jealousy is being jealousy between lovers, boyfriend and girlfriend, or husband or wife. to show that one how much you love him/her. but the truth is, there is a tiny line between jealousy and crazy. unfortunately, all kind of jealousy eventually lead you to be crazy, irresponsible and selfish. only some people can make a balance and control themselves from carried a way.in my opinion, all kind of jealousy is a unacceptable behavior. it is the fastest way to loose your friend' s trust, and respect. also, it is the most effective way to ruin the relationship between couples. even some like her/his spouse or boyfriend/girlfriend to be jealous on him. but i think not, first you feels complimented but later you will start sick of it. no one love to be kept under rules, and absolutely nothing compares to freedom. even if you love that one and you don't want to bother him, but always after a while you will find out that you can't take it any more. being jealous all the time means that there isn't trust or loyalty. even between friends or brothers/sisters, if you feel jealous from your friend you will try to reach him/her. that leads to not trusting him/her anymore and when he/her finds out that he/she won't trust you either as friend. for the god sake, there are persons jealous on their friends from other friends, or from their family. and there are couples jealous from everyone around his/her lover,even sometimes from their children, TV or computer. it is just a sick behavior that can lead to psychological disorder. it is very complicated situation, and all of it starts by a little prick of jealousy. all you can do is not listening to it and control your emotions. but is it hard to do? or NOT? what do you think?

VERY good topic, WD. i know that i have been jealous before in my life and yes, it had to do with trust and loyalty. what can also be said is that is someone you know doing something that is causing mistrust and unloyalty?jealousy is bad all around even if it's in competition in getting better grades or doing better in sports, etc....everyone is different and not everyone can be the best and people should ultimately be proud of who they are and what they are capable of and their own potential in other areas rather than be jealous that someone is better than them in a certain area. maybe they are, but they are weak in other areas where the so-called jealous person is stronger in other areas. no need to be jealous when everyone is different and has their own strong and weak points. just be happy with who you are.now husband and wife or boyfriend and girlfriend is tricky because not only should one not be jealous, but people who love eachother should not make the other feel jealous and that is equally as bad when two people love eachother.you have created a topic i can talk a lot about and have experienced first hand. partly my fault, partly the fault of others. it is BAD. jealousy is BAD no matter how you look at it. jealousy is for the most part an insecurity. but it can also mean that you are just hanging around the wrong people to feel the way you do. that's why this topic is VERY tricky and means different things to different people. i hope people comment on this thread because it's a good one! it requires some thought to human nature...... because i feel we ALL have been jealous at least once in our lives.some have learned and some haven't.....jealousy is controlling no matter how you look at it....and it's always a bad thing.....

what can also be said is that is someone you know doing something that is causing mistrust and unloyalty?

i am the one who asking here not you anwiii ;)

yes jealousy is a horrible weapon, that you can't ever use it and got good from it. and always the results can't be fixed. even you pretend that's ok and you make it up with that one who is jealous but still deep down inside, you know he is jealous from you and you can't trust him any more.

but people who love eachother should not make the other feel jealous and that is equally as bad when two people love eachother.

now i couldn't get you here completely. but i agree that jealousy between couples is not something to play with, NEVER. it will only lead to disappointed, and loosing trust between them. some people think "if you love someone you should be jealous on him/her" and that is completely a stupid idea. love between couples doesn't mean possession, on the contrary, love brings respect, trust and loyalty. and about that i really believe in these words " if you love someone, send him free. if he return then he's yours forever, if not then he never be".

Jealous is a part of us that we can't remove but we can control it.Jealousness is good at school for example when you see a friend getting better grades than you and studying a lot harder you say to yourself something like this " If he can study like this why don't I study like that I can do it too" and so you study harder and get better grades and have more success in your life. Jealous exist in love too, or more exactly Love can't exist without Jealousness, because if I'm in a relationship with a girl and I kiss other girl hang out with them more than with my girlfriend and she don't say anything or says that she is not jealous so this cannot be possible and maybe she doesn't love me because when you love someone you get jealous.But over-exaggerated jealousness is never good, I know that someone can get jealous but you can control it and don't create dramas in the public. I think it depends on how much you trust your lover.

Jealous is a part of us that we can't remove but we can control it.Jealousness is good at school for example when you see a friend getting better grades than you and studying a lot harder you say to yourself something like this " If he can study like this why don't I study like that I can do it too" and so you study harder and get better grades and have more success in your life. Jealous exist in love too, or more exactly Love can't exist without Jealousness, because if I'm in a relationship with a girl and I kiss other girl hang out with them more than with my girlfriend and she don't say anything or says that she is not jealous so this cannot be possible and maybe she doesn't love me because when you love someone you get jealous.
But over-exaggerated jealousness is never good, I know that someone can get jealous but you can control it and don't create dramas in the public.
I think it depends on how much you trust your lover.

i agree that humans are full of emotions and jealousy is one of them, but it differs from one to another. in the same time i think either it is a good or bad jealousy, we should learn to ignore it. once, you listen to it once you will let it appears. i am sure there are people who could control themselves but in the same time there are people can't, every step after that make them loosing control more. i said it before, some are connect love with jealousy but most of times, it will lead to troubles between lovers. even in the case you stated, showing nothing is kind of not interesting which make you ask for attention but still the same for the results.

I think jealousy is presented in different ways with different people. It then depends upon the people how will they deal with this emotion. To take abazi's example, if someone at school is jealous at a classmate who has good grades, he can respond in a number of totally different ways, which all have consequences... For one, he really can feel driven to accomplish something because his friend is achieving great results. He can strive to become better in these subjects he isn't so good at and eventually stop feeling jealousy because his classmate won't be so better than him. However, he can also feel like an underachiever and jealousy might lead to some more serious consequences. For instance, he could insult his friend time and time again so he doesn't feel so bad about himself. Eventually, his friend might get depressed and then we get to the awful situations that happen in schools around the world... So, jealousy really can depend upon the people. It can lead to something good, or it can lead to something bad. Overall, I think it really isn't good to feel jealousy very often since it might lead to some other unwanted feelings.

i am the one who asking here not you anwiii smile.gif

now don't get jealous that maybe anwiii is trying to take away your topic ;)

jealousy is just a part of life, and i think when living life you should experience all the aspects of it. only then can you truly appreciate it. a person who honestly says that he/she has never been jealous is actually a person who hasn't seen the real world yet. there are many times in life when we get the tiny hinge of jealousy. for most people that may die down, but some build on that and make it a very big thing. this is not a good thing. and jealousy has different effects when it is between friends and strangers.

in case of friends, jealousy is really harmful because it breaks the bond between them. ive seen some of my friends lose their friendship over silly matters which led to jealousy. this is not a healthy trend and seriously questions the character of those people.

in case of strangers, maybe the only harmful thing that can happen is that the two people may develop hatred for each other. if it leads to something big, then they may try to cause harm to each other also. so this is also not a very good thing.

so i started by saying jealousy is a part of life and ended by saying its not a good thing. well i may sound confused but to sum it up i'll say that we should try to contain the feeling of jealousy at all times. even the thought of being jealousy counts as "experiencing it" and after that we should immediately try to bury that feeling!

now don't get jealous that maybe anwiii is trying to take away your topic

nice joke H.O.D ;) i am not afraid of that, i like the way he argue and state things but he like to dig deep and that what i don't like :P

so i started by saying jealousy is a part of life and ended by saying its not a good thing. well i may sound confused but to sum it up i'll say that we should try to contain the feeling of jealousy at all times. even the thought of being jealousy counts as "experiencing it" and after that we should immediately try to bury that feeling!

now, that is a fact, even jealousy is a natural human feeling, but it is unhealthy at all. human are a complicated collection of feelings, including bad and good ones. only who have controlling on themselves can make a balance, and the first step of achieving that balance is realizing if our feelings are good or bad feelings towards us and everyone around us.

now, that is a fact, even jealousy is a natural human feeling, but it is unhealthy at all. human are a complicated collection of feelings, including bad and good ones. only who have controlling on themselves can make a balance, and the first step of achieving that balance is realizing if our feelings are good or bad feelings towards us and everyone around us.

yup, it's a fact that we need to feel all the emotions at least once so that we can learn to control them at more crucial stages of our life. and jealousy is the emotion that each and every person feels automatically at some stage or the other, but mostly during childhood. at that time out of all innocence we get jealous of a lot of things. if we learn to control it at that young age itself then it will be easy to deal with it in later stages.

in this topic i forgot to talk about a funny type of jealousy, babies jealousy ;) it is really so funny to see a baby jealous from his mother because he or mostly she loves her dady a lot. or a baby who is mostly he jealous from his dady because he loves his mother. the fun thing here that parents should deal with that nicely and understanding, they shouldn't punish him/her because generally he/she only 2 or 3 years old, so they don't understand what is going on. they only follow their feelings. this kind of jealousy begin to appear from 1-5 years in children behavior, sometimes maybe more depending on many reasons, but it should ends by 5-6 years, when the child starts to separate from his parents, go to school and have friends or it will consider as disorder actions. but still this kind of jealousy is so fun as i think and brings a lot of entertainment for parents :P .

Yes.Jealousy is a bad thing. It can bring up feelings of hate and evenretribution. The reason for this is easy to see.People can't stand the fact that someone else has something, or a certain happiness that they don't have. Rather than feel these negative feelings,it obviously would be better for somebody to do something to change their life situation. It's true, too much idle time is not goodat all. One can ponder too much and think negative thoughts. It's best to keep busy.