xisto Community
Running With Scissors

Top 3 Comedies (still In Production) Personal Picks

These are my favorites that I high-high-highly suggest you check these out if you haven't already. In no particular order, here we go:3. The Big Bang TheoryThe most traditional of these three shows. Take two nerds living together, their two nerd friends, and the hot girl next door to add some spice into their nerd lives and there you go. The humor is really on point though. They reference technology and other nerd things in their jokes that I'm sure only other nerds understand. They still manage to keep some jokes mainstream enough to attract a wider audience. Sheldon steals the show though. He is the absolute king of all nerds. He fails to grasp normal social etiquette which results in a lot of the shows humor. Leonard, Sheldon's roommate is the level headed one who finally manages to get his dream girl across the hall, Penny. Throw in an Indian scientist and a horny Jew and you've got some very witty dialogue. Catch this on CBS Mondays at 9:30 I think.2. It's Always Sunny In PhiladelphiaThree guys and a girl own a bar in south Philly. This show reminds me a lot of Seinfeld due to the character's questionable morals. They are all pretty selfish. They will do just about anything to make money or get laid and the great thing about it is it seems like they are hardly friends. They are constantly competing with one another and stabbing each other in the back. Throw in Danny Devito as the world's worst father and it makes for some funny situations. Nothing is off limits with this show. This show is on FX and while it's currently in between seasons, I believe it's usual time slot was Thursday nights at 10.1. The OfficeHow can you not love The Office? The humor is as witty as you can get. I could quote this show for days. It just has so many great characters. The dimwitted boss, the "fascist nerd" salesman, the cute receptionist (or the new cute receptionist). I could go on, but why bother. Just check it out. Reruns are on TBS everyday and new episodes are on NBC Thursdays at 9 I think. Oh and FYI, I've already committed to being Dwight Scrute next Halloween. I'm sure my mustard colored shirt will be well liked.

well in my opinion, nothing could beat seinfeld or friends. i'm just surprised 2 1/2 men isn't on your top three right now in production. that show never fails to make me laugh.i'm sorta out of it where t.v. is concerned though. i haven't had cable in a couple years no do i get local channels. it makes it hard for me to be objective in this thread. but really....2 and 1/2 men ranks up there with the best sitcoms ever and it's still in production. i don't know what i would do if i couldn't download the latest episode! ;) so THAT is my favorite right now.friends and seinfeld were CLASSIC shows and i remember when friends came out, the played their theme song about once every 1/2 hour on a radio station called pirate radio in los angeles when they were first being broadcast. it turnded out to be one of the best classic rock stations EVER until it turned to talk radio. anyway, i LOVEd friends....but listening to that theme song every half hour got old really quick......but still a GREAT sitcom!

Hi!@Running With ScissorsI didn't really like The Office as much as I liked BBC's version, the Lab Rats. Perhaps it's just a matter of preference of visually seeing something witty over just adding some wittiness into dialogue. Lab Rats is not on-air but I thought it was worth a mention due to its similarity with The Office.Lab Rats is about a group of scientists, rather than geeks at the office, and the one episode that I did watch was the one with the attempt at perfecting cloning by assisting a Russian research team.... the Russians were able to clone humans but each time, the clones would end up a little bit smaller than the previous and so the scientists decide to use a growth serum to get the clone to the right size. Lab Rats has had about six episodes produced before the series was taken off the air.Unfortunately, Lab Rats is not available online on the BBC website, unlike some of the other BBC programs, due to copyright restrictions.@anwiiI really liked Seinfeld and Friends. I like Joey, the spin-off from Friends, too! I believe all three are no longer in production though. Friends is pretty much one of those things that most of the folks in our generation share. It's like the way Michael Jackson's numbers were for the previous generation... although some of his numbers were made during our time.

in my opinion, i like Harry Hills TV burb it just has me rolling on the floor laughing. Then you also got I.T crowd it just hillarius and of course Inbeweeners (not sure if they will make a season this year though. One of the best comedies in recent years for me has to have been GAVALA and smithy I cant remember the name all of a sudden but its about two people who meet on the phone and they work for companies that always interact and somehow they boy and girl get chatting the guy has a best friend called smithy (pronounced the typical london gangsta way smiffeeee) and His name is Gavin but they call him Gavalaaaaaaah oh that reminds me its called Gavin and stacey lolIts soooo hilarius you should get your hands on it and you'll love it. especialy smiffy and ness oMG. Watch it people watch it

All these show are very interesting and funny. But my most favoirte show is The office, it has great characters and great cast. which makes this show very unique. This time The office season 7 is running. It is really very funny. Each character had made huge fun in it. I think for those, who are looking for something that will give him a huge laugh than The office tv show is perfect destination....