xisto Community
mrdee

Setting Up Addon Domain What is my server name and how to use Google Mail?

Hi,

I have set up an Addon domain (nifraproductions.co.cc) on my Xisto hosting.

I have pointed it to NS1.COMPUTINGHOST.COM and NS2.COMPUTINGHOST.COM

The files will be stored in a folder on /public_html/nifraproductions.co.cc

So far I think I have done everything correct.

THe only thing I don't know now is whether or not my server to upload files to this domain is just my domain name, ie.'nifraproductions.co.cc', as I keep getting a critical error from Filezilla trying to log on to my new addon domain.

I have set the following details:

Host: nifraproductions.co.cc

Username: The same I use to access cpanel

Pass: the one i set when adding on the domain.

However, FileZilla gives me: Critical error

Error: Could not connect to server

Is that because migration to a DNS server takes time, or have I set up something wrong?

After that: my next question is what exactly I have to do to use my domain with Gmail.

I had an addon domain in the past and used that with Google Apps, but it is too long ago to remember how exactly I set it all up.

All help will be gratefully accepted,

Thank you.

In order to setup google name you need to edit the values in CNAME records. You can access your cname settings by logging in with your username and password on Xisto - Domains.com. Once you logged in to it check your domain name by clicking last 10 registered domains or something lke that link. You'll see your domain name and other respective details. You can edit your domain settings by clicking on edit/modify button(check this). Inside this page there is tab for CNAME records. You need to enter google mails CNAME value to CNAME records. Also you'll be asked to upload a file if you choose to verify your domain. BUt for the redirection purpose you need to enter CNAME records. If you add CNAME records then you'll be able to use "mail.yourdomain.com" redirection.If you're hosted on linux server then you can set your nameservers to : NS.COMPUTINGHOST.COM and NS2.COMPUTINGHOST.COM. So i guess ns1.computinghost.com is not in use. Check these values and try again.It'll take few hours to update and you can check the progress using proxy sites.

OK, thanks.I have changed the DNS servers, ie. changed ns1 to ns.But I am right, aren't I?I have, within my public_html folder, set up a folder with the same name as my domain, with the website files for that domain in it.Is that correct?Thanks in advance.

About FTP logging issue.When the add on domain is created through "Addon domain" option in Cpanel it automatically creates a FTP sub account for your add-on domain. It is in the following format:User: subdomain@maindomain.comHost: ftp.maindomain.comThis can be verified by looking at the "FTP accounts" option in cpanel.Add on domains directory can also be accessed by using the FTP account info of main domain.

OK, thanks.I have changed the DNS servers, ie. changed ns1 to ns.
But I am right, aren't I?
I have, within my public_html folder, set up a folder with the same name as my domain, with the website files for that domain in it.
Is that correct?
Thanks in advance.

If you've added your domain by following steps from cpanel's "add-on" domain control then yes this is correct procedure you've followed. In case if you've got mixed up or done something wrong and this isssue is not resolved then in that case you can contact Xisto - Support and try to solve this from Xisto - Support team.