xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Rigaudon

Simple Question For A New Domain

Hi, I'm new to this "purchasing domain" thing, so please bear with me.Recently, I noticed a site in Xisto with my username as the subdomain (rigaudon.trap17.com), and I didn't know how to use it.After digging around some posts, I found out that I had to register for it from xisto. I went there and paid $1.95 for the logic plan, selected "I have registered a domain and want to host it", and purchased it.It's been a while since I've heard back (by my previous experiences, setting up a subdomain doesn't take very long). I was wondering if there's something I need to do, or whatever.Thanks in advance.

go to your account and click the mail link and see if they sent you a message about how to access your control panel. if it's been a couple days already and you haven't heard anything, definately write a support ticket on the issue. did your mycents/credits go down? does your purchase show up in your purchase history?

Yes, my credits did go down. Under products/hosting, it has what i ordered, but it's marked as pending. I guess I'll file a ticket then, i guess. Where can I find my purchase history?

If it says it's "pending" that just means that it is in the process of being created. It should be no more then a day or two and you will receive an email when the hosting account has been created ;)

Uh, OK, big problem.When I registered for the domain, I accidentally put Xisto.net, which doesn't exist... and yet, I have a subdomain there.What do I do? I mean, it exists and I have access to it, so should I just take it as it is?

If you can verify that the sub-domain links to your hosted account, then use the sub-domain till you can afford a domain. If you already have a domain and the sub-domain, and the sub-domain points to your hosted account, then park the domain you have to the sub-domain.

hey, shouldnt all the info be available in the billing section. because for me I found everything in the billing section ven before I had receieved the email. there was a part I can remember in the billing section though which displayed my username and password in a tab and even gave me the option to change the sign in password just below that. If you go in to billing section and check under services i think you will find the info. also check and make sure that the domain purchse is not pending but its green not pink or grey.What I am not sure about whether the domain you have mentioned there is registered to you seing as you said you made the spelling error. Also another way to get a sure answer that isnt guess work cause thats what we are all doing here as we do not have 100% knoledge and access to you account to see whats really the cast. I suggest you use the Ticket thingy in you billing section as they will be able to tailor answer you based on your account settings as they probably can access your account and see whats really going on.Good Luck.let us know what the answer was in the end for future sake

Well, I don't own the domain, as it doesn't exist and yet I own a subdomain of the site. Confusing.Well, I don't think I'm going to file a ticket. It's pretty fast and everything works, so I have no complaints. I guess I can buy the domain later if i get enough O_o

i'm having a hard time following. do you mean for aq domain, you entered Xisto.net instead of requesting a sub domain and they just automatically issued you a subdomain?

i would write a support ticket if your order got messed up somehow. it's the beginning of the week so you should get a faster response than when you ordered originally.

Well, I don't own the domain, as it doesn't exist and yet I own a subdomain of the site. Confusing.
Well, I don't think I'm going to file a ticket. It's pretty fast and everything works, so I have no complaints. I guess I can buy the domain later if i get enough O_o