Tuesday, March 16, 2010 4:11 PM

An instance of WordPress was installed on http://meinterest.com/
Full installation path:my folder path
Username: my username
Password: my password
MySQL database: my MYSQL database name
MySQL user: my MYSQL username
Time of installation: Tuesday, 16th March, 2010 @ 01:10:14 PM
DO NOT REMOVE the file named fantastico_fileslist.txt from the installation directory. It is used for uninstalling this application.

i received this letter twice, in different dates. each one after i installed wordpress in my cpanal in my new domain. thanks god, i deleted both of them and installed it after that. but this time i installed it manually, so, i didn't have fantastico.txt this time.

i submit a ticket to xisto about this letter and they replied me they don't know anything about this letter. and they didn't sent it.

so, if wasn't them then who knows these kind of information, what do you think trappers?
another question if i deleted this file fantastico.txt now (after installing wordpress manually) is this will affect my website or not??

thanks in advance.

Whenever your hosted account sends an e-mail from its mail server (e.g. through PHP's mail function), it is from this "nobody" (nobody is the user that the server sends random mail as). WordPress, whenever it is installed, sends an e-mail to the e-mail address you provided during the installation with the relative WordPress information. By the sound of it, you installed WordPress at least twice, therefore receiving practically the same e-mail twice.

actually, i did a little more research on the subject and truefusion is correct. i had to go back and check my old email to see what sort of message i recieved and i didn recieve an email stating my account information. it wasn't from "nobody" though. the FROM field was actually left blank. also, it never mentioned anything about a .txt file that i shouldn't delete.when looking closer at the email, it was mailed by "beta.dnshree.com" which i am on the beta server.what i don't understand now though is why are the emails not the same? shouldn't they be the same?anyway, it sounds to me now that the email you recieved is a standard one. i am just clueless why the different messages. i can see how fantastico can trigger a message as part of the installation process, but what would trigger wordpress itself to trigger a mail being sent?if it IS fantastico, are there different versions on different servers? maybe that would explain the different emails.i also recieved a similar email when i installed forum software through fantastico so it's not just wordpress.i wish i would have though to research my emails before and could have prevented some worry. sorry about that....

oh, thanks god it s a legal email, i keep crossing my fingers for not being some hacking thing. but there is a point should be cleared here, isn't better for server choosing a better name than NOBODY, what is this? isn't there a name less confusion?any way, thank you truefusion for the explanation. i am appreciated.

when looking closer at the email, it was mailed by "beta.dnshree.com" which i am on the beta server.

what i don't understand now though is why are the emails not the same? shouldn't they be the same?

My website is hosted on the gamma server, and while the e-mail names would be better off being in a consistent form, it may be the case that each server has certain things configured differently. In fact, some servers are configured differently (as shown by the GFXtrap.com new template topic), though the difference may not be significant or matter at all.