xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
dirty_keso

How To Change The Language From Spanish To English In Windows 7

i have recently received a windows 7 os from my cousin who lives in Guatemala. sadly it is in Spanish and i don't understand it! is there any way to change the setup files into English so that i can understand what it is that i am doing when i am installing it?

i have recently received a windows 7 os from my cousin who lives in Guatemala. sadly it is in Spanish and i don't understand it! is there any way to change the setup files into English so that i can understand what it is that i am doing when i am installing it?

When your installing windows 7 it will ask you which languages you want to be installed.... If your language was Spanish by default it will be there until you actually choose English to be installed... Even after you install windows 7... You can go into control panel and access region and language....

You can set different languages including english...

There is actually a very simple way to solve this. Click the Start button, type in the search "Windows Update". Then click on the underlined-line that says "5x Optional Updates are available". Scroll down and look for "Windows 7 Language Packs" and download the English pack. After you have installed it and restarted you computer, go to Start menu again and this type type "Language" and then click "Change Display Language" and then below "Display Language", choose "English". Now, restart your computer once again and the English language should have been installed and working properly on your computer.

It's been a while since I looked at another language versions of Windows. Many years ago, you had to "get" language preferred version of Windows otherwise it's only translating icons, programs to a specified language. The core language stayed the same.So I have a question. Does this language package actually change the core operating system's language or is it still masking to a language of choice?One of co-worker's Windows XP was from France. And although everything was in English (language pack) when she was installing a program it would show in French. And she said unless she installs English XP, it will continue to do that. Is it not true with Windows 7?

It's been a while since I looked at another language versions of Windows. Many years ago, you had to "get" language preferred version of Windows otherwise it's only translating icons, programs to a specified language. The core language stayed the same.
So I have a question. Does this language package actually change the core operating system's language or is it still masking to a language of choice?

One of co-worker's Windows XP was from France. And although everything was in English (language pack) when she was installing a program it would show in French. And she said unless she installs English XP, it will continue to do that.

Is it not true with Windows 7?

Windows Xp used to come with few languages installed like the main ones... But some languages like arabic, Hindi and others needed a language pack to be installed....

Windows 7 Includes all theses languages... No language pack required because most of the languages spoken are added to the Os....