xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Setting up an auto-update webpage for security IP-cam Image Refresh

Setting up an auto-update webpage for security IP-camImage Refresh

Hi all!

I have bought an IP camera to use as a remote security camera e.G. To check on our home when we are away on holidays. To reduce the bandwidth usage, I intend to not have live video, but to use still frames (I.E. Photos every X seconds). The aim is to make it possible to log onto the website from anywhere to see what's happening in semi-real time (I.E. The automatically updated photos).

I have managed to get the camera to automatically take photos every X seconds and upload them as JPG files via FTP to my own website, BUT ...

How can I get the webpage to automatically show the most recently uploaded image (they all have unique file names when does include a date/time stamp embeded in the middle of a string such as ###100129212745_379.Jpg where ### is short for a long string which is apparently static, the yellow part is the date, the green part is the time, and the blue part is a sequence number starting from zero. I cannot see how to change the format of the numbering scheme.

And how do I get it to automatically delete the old image files, e.G. After so many images, or Mbytes, or days?

Or is there a public and free website that does this already (I have no idea if Facebook etc can do this).

Many thanks!

-question by ripe