xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
web_designer

Birthday Party Ideas?

hi, my husband' birthday is next week, i want to make a unique birthday party for him. i though it would be a great idea to make him a birthday party not as usual in home, or restaurant. so i decided to make it in the nature. there is a park that is very perfect for my idea. but the problem is that i am not familiar with this kind of parties. what should i take? cake, drinks, camera,snacks, candles and what more? usually i can do a lot inside but outdoor. that's all pass in my mind. so, any ideas will be great.

hi, my husband' birthday is next week, i want to make a unique birthday party for him. i though it would be a great idea to make him a birthday party not as usual in home, or restaurant. so i decided to make it in the nature. there is a park that is very perfect for my idea. but the problem is that i am not familiar with this kind of parties. what should i take? cake, drinks, camera,snacks, candles and what more?
usually i can do a lot inside but outdoor. that's all pass in my mind. so, any ideas will be great.

i hope he likes the outdoors. parks can be a great way to spend a birthday. i would suggest some meat for bbq. some fun things to do like a frisbee. me, i like beer with my bbq so if he drinks, then beer or alcohol. but even just a bottle of champaign works on a celebration. some little confetti poppers that people can pull the string on after singing happy birthday. obviously cake and drinks and snacks and a camera. i am a kid at heart so i still love those stupid games i used to play as a kid like pin the tail on the donkey....or even a pinata filled with his favorite candy or whatever you can fit inside

what you have to make sure of though when planning something outside in advance is to make sure it doesn't rain or the wind isn't blowing too hard(since you will have a hard time keeping the candles lit). that can ruin any outdoor activity. especially a birthday that was planned well in advance.

also, i know you moved recently so i don't even know how many people you know but if he has any new friends and if you do, i would invite them. usually brithday celebrations at parks means you will be inviting a lot of people. if i had a birthday and it was just two or three people there, i would prefer indoors. since i could go to the park anytime anyway. is it just going to be you, him and your daughter or do you plan on inviting people? also, how old is he? i nice paddle for the spankings might be appropriate too :angel:

just do the same as you would indoors but be a little creative for outdoors. creativity runs in that family so it shouldn't be too hard :P

i hope he likes the outdoors. parks can be a great way to spend a birthday. i would suggest some meat for bbq. some fun things to do like a frisbee. me, i like beer with my bbq so if he drinks, then beer or alcohol. but even just a bottle of champaign works on a celebration. some little confetti poppers that people can pull the string on after singing happy birthday. obviously cake and drinks and snacks and a camera. i am a kid at heart so i still love those stupid games i used to play as a kid like pin the tail on the donkey....or even a pinata filled with his favorite candy or whatever you can fit inside
what you have to make sure of though when planning something outside in advance is to make sure it doesn't rain or the wind isn't blowing too hard(since you will have a hard time keeping the candles lit). that can ruin any outdoor activity. especially a birthday that was planned well in advance.

also, i know you moved recently so i don't even know how many people you know but if he has any new friends and if you do, i would invite them. usually brithday celebrations at parks means you will be inviting a lot of people. if i had a birthday and it was just two or three people there, i would prefer indoors. since i could go to the park anytime anyway. is it just going to be you, him and your daughter or do you plan on inviting people? also, how old is he? i nice paddle for the spankings might be appropriate too :P

just do the same as you would indoors but be a little creative for outdoors. creativity runs in that family so it shouldn't be too hard :D

well anwiii,he like parks and outdoor a lot. but for birthdays this will be the first time we'll do that, i hope it will be a good idea. about meat i will try something simple or maybe pizza or sandwiches because i am such a bad cook. i do hate cooking but i love make sweets so, that is kind of balance i think, maybe i will make something sweet.
frisbee is such a good idea, never pass in my mind before. i will took a one and even more things to play with, you even inspired me to take a tennis or maybe a kite. confetti, birthday hats, and balloons are essentials but as you said i will satisfy with confetti this time. pinata is also a great idea but i can't trust my baby, she maybe eat all the candy before we arrived :angel:
rain and wind it is big problem here, but since both of us or in fact three of us love rain, then we will be ok to take an umbrella, and have fun watching the rain falls :o i will cross my fingers for not raining that day.
i am not quite sure but i prefer not inviting anyone, the three of use will be more fun and less formal. by the way he will be 36 the next week.
thanks anwiii for your suggestions and ideas, you could be a party planner. only a few men know what to do in a party. good for you, you have a creative mind and generous spirit too.

well if no bbq, then i would make sure you either buy or cook his favorite food. i can't imagine sandwiches being it. :angel:

Edited by anwiii (see edit history)

well if no bbq, then i would make sure you either buy or cook his favorite food. i can't imagine sandwiches being it. :angel:

that's right, but i am really great sandwiches maker :P . i didn't make a bbq before, always it's his job. and he is one of the greatest in bbq, so, i canceled this option because i don't want him to do this in his birthday.

the strange thing here, only anwiii reply for me. why? no one cares about birthdays any more, or trappers are so busy to think of birthdays. that's so bad, birthdays are always a joyful occasion.
or maybe, since the majority of the members here are men (or maybe not and it is just me who think that). it is a proof of what i assumed before, that most of men don't know or don't interest in planning a party. i hope that is not true trapers.

well, i like bbq and if it was my birthday, it would be fun to bbq. also, you may be a great sandwhich maker, but birthdays are supposed to be special so maybe his favorite food, and then make really small bite sized sandwhiches as part of your snacks? i don't think there is a rule you can't do both ;) i still think bbq at a park....but that's my personal preference from a guy's standpoint. i also like to bbq so it's fun even on my birthday to do it. i mean, if you buy him a party hat and make him wear it, it would make for some great pictures with him and his party hat over the grill :P sorry. i am stuck on a park bbq haha.i know you don't want him to do anything on his birthday, but bbq is not work really if he likes to do it. also, what is he supposed to do. sit on the bench or lay in the grass doing absolutely nothing? :Pbut i do really want to stress again that you have to make sure the weather conditions are good. i have known people who planned events outfoors in the past and plans got ruined so one way to plan is to come up with a backup plan in case the weather is not so good.

well, i read what you said and decided to be a bbq. since he loves bbq either, but when i checked the park we are suppose to go, oooops they forbidden any type of bbq. maybe because it is not actually a park like any other park. it is that kind of unique park with artificial decoration and benches, restaurants, boats,fishing area and swimming pool. it also has statues, island and colored fishes that are not for fishing. maybe it is meant to be sandwiches after all or i will think pf something better.also, i hope the weather will be fine that day, i am checking the weather on weather .com everyday and crossing my finger. because really there isn't any buck up plan if the weather getting bad since this park is kind of outside the city. then if the things getting worse, there is no solution but going back or making the party in a car ;) after discussing the party idea like this, it really looks a bad idea. but after all i will take the chances and do it. but i will make sure the weather is ok before leaving the house. thanks for your following the topic with me, since nobody else seems interesting in it.

Wow, it's a real bummer that the park doesn't allow BBQ! I was going to put in a good word for outdoor cooking too. Even if you are not a good cook, roasting a weenie on a stick isn't real difficult, and the flavor of a fire cooked hot dog can't be beat. I will keep my fingers crossed for you to have good weather for your party.