xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Wi-Fi Sony Ericsson W705 Wi-fi

Hello,

I got this phone to but I don't know were I can use it for ?

means is that if you use youtube on the mobile you don't have to pay becaus its connecting wi-fi

and if I use msn messenger on my mobile and wifi is on, I don't have to pay ?

-question by Corn? Veldman

I looked for the exact specifications of your Sony Ericsson W705. And it does have the capability to connect to a wireless network (WLAN).

If you want to use this feature of your cellphone, you need to find what we call a HOTSPOT or a WI-FI Area. These are generally available in coffee shops, schools and mall. If you're having a hard time looking for one, try to sniff around for a public place where there are lots of people using their laptop to connect to the internet. Yes. The cellphone that you have has the same feature as their laptops - being able to connect to a wireless network.

I'm not familiar with the user interface of your phone but I found this cool tutorial on how to use your cellphone to connect to a Hotspot.

You can visit the website: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Or you can follow my simplified version of the steps:

1. Activity button > Select Wifi.
2. Press TURN ON. (This will turn on the wifi function of your cellphone and will give you a list of wireless networks.)
3. Select the network you want to use > Click CONNECT. (If you know the exact name of the network that you want to connect to, it's better.)

There will be instances wherein you'll be asked for a password/passphrase. This is a security option that has been set up on the network. Unless you have the password/passphrase, you will not be able to connect to it. Ask the rightful owner for the password. Otherwise, look for another wireless network. One of your neighbors may have an unsecured network. ;)