xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
web_designer

Problem In Prefix In New Domain...

i transferred my website from sub domain to new domain keeping my hosting plan because my both hosting and domain from xisto. but i got this problem, my prefix in the address bar still the same old prefix that refer to the old sub domain. i can see the new domain prefix only when i entering my new domain and for posts and tags. but when i click on pages in my wordpress or archives tab or categories , it will transfer me to the old sub domainit works for posts because i imported data to my new data base. but even i used search and replace plugin, it stills the same. i cecked the url in wordpress platform and they are all refer to my new domain also i checked general in wordpress platform and it is right also. another strange thing i found the wordpress add my data that i exported from my old data base as a subscriber user not as administrator.i think that i can change the url in mysql data base, but i want your opinions first about this mess, before going to mysql solution. thanks in advance.

you have wordpress, correct? did you go in to your dashboard and change your general settings? or just click settings and general settings will be the first to pop up. you'll need to change your url. i don't think it's a database issue. also, have you done your 301 redirects? i think all in one seo makes it easy to do that. the plugin for wordpress. so i would check the furst suggestion. i think this may be part of the problem....and then your redirects. hope that helped!

also, you might want to check out the "page links to" plugin. i use that for my pages because sometimes i want to create a page that isn't linked to wordpress. pages are supposed to be different than your posts pages.you also asked one question about how to do your database, and it wasn't even 2 minutes later that you said you transfered everything over and now asking THIS question. are you just asking questions to ask questions or do you really want to find out the best answers before start doing things? maybe your first thread should be deleted now because you are way beyond that point. or maybe you can repost to state how you handled the database issue.oh btw....it was the "page links to" plugin that allows for your easy 301 redirects. so if you did in fact check your general settings url and that is not the problem, then use this plugin and see if it helps ya out. normally, if you were changing a page without this plugin and it was on the same domain and directory where your wordpress is installed or pointed to, you would just edit the page at the top where you can change the permalink. once you install the "page links to" plugin, you would edit your pages, by scrolling to the bottom where you can now enter a whole url....and in your case, you would just click on the 301 redirect since it's not a new page. you any new pages you create, you won't need to click on the 301 redirect.i am really having a problem understanding what the problem is. but from my understanding, this could be your solution.

you also asked one question about how to do your database, and it wasn't even 2 minutes later that you said you transfered everything over and now asking THIS question. are you just asking questions to ask questions or do you really want to find out the best answers before start doing things? maybe your first thread should be deleted now because you are way beyond that point. or maybe you can repost to state how you handled the database issue.

answering for your question, no i don't asking questions just for asking. if you read my topic you are talking about, you can see that i did pass that step of choosing data base, but that question pass in my mind, i couldn't know why we should create a data base while i have one. so, i decided to ask you here in trap to find the answer. by the way, i searched in the net i couldn't find something useful so i decided to ask you here. also, i always want to make sure that everything is going alright, and left any detail ambiguous. i hope that will answer your question.

i don't know why you always be so critic? maybe because you are a trap grand marshal member???
even you are always a great help in many ways, i admit you helped me a lot with your useful replies and all the new members too. but, i hope you can be less critic next time.

Strange, did you checked "Yourdomain.com/" while installing new wordpress installation ? or you choose "subdomain.trap17.com/" while installing wordpress ?. I think prefix issues are because of installation trouble. Also you need to check you did add-on domain correctly. you can check that by hosting one index.html or index.php page on root domain. This will allow you to test your site on the domain. If this works then the issue is with wordpress(which i'm sure). Also don't forget to remove the old wordpress installation if you've got back up of it. If you don't get it solved i suggest checking out wordpress forums for help. Also be descriptive when you post problems over there as if you just point to problem and didnt explained what you did then they'll hardly help you there. I'll see what i can do with that issue, in between i suggest checking out with wordpress forums.