xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
deadmad7

Internet Explorer 6 Funeral Held, Microsoft Sends Flowers The Official IE6 Support Is Killed

IE6's death  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yeah, Maybe i should have added the heaven thing. Cause I used to like Internet Explorer 6 too! ;) Too bad you can't edit posts here.

As, I stated to abazi16 early, if you are using a CMS (Mambo, Wordpress , Joomla ,etc. ) there are many great themes and plugins that can help you a great deal for designing web sites for yourself and those of your customers (if you have any).

Well, think of it, Internet Explorer 6 was released back in August 27, 2001 and in those days it was the BEST! There was no Firefox trouble, in fact i don't really think that firefox existed back in 2001. It was also included as the main browser in the Windows XP OS (which is undoubtedly the most used OS of all time) and many people (like abazi's friends) didn't care about which browser they were using as ALL the browsers were pretty much the same plain old thing. All they did was view pages and pages and pages. :P 'NORMAL 2001 People ' didn't really want a cluttered looking browser with plugins and stuff, they wanted it to work great right out of the box, which IE6 definitely did. So, you can't really blame Microsoft for this, as they did what they could do to make the best browser at the time.

Yeah, that's a good point but the problem is that IE6 is still used by some N00bs( if I can call them so :P) that don't know and don't want to know about all the advantages that can bring them Firefox, Safari, Chrome etc. I think that it's our job to open them their eyes and tell them all the possibilities that come with the other browsers, and explain them the "IE6 PNG Problem" and that's why they can't view some web sites.

Some Firefox version and Opera and maybe the other browser too support Win 98/Me operating systems because the people that use IE6 with that OS maybe don't change their browser because they think the better browsers don't support their operating systems, anyway that's not true and the upgrade is really easy.

IE6 in the time it was released it was maybe the best but now the newer versions (IE7,IE8) didn't bring us a lot of changes so the others took the market.